Subject Author Posted Replies

tooling
Has anyone used the Embedded Artists LPC2478 with a Code Red tool set? I could use a little guidance being unfamiliar with Eclipse and most especially the extended version that Code Red puts out for...

linux toosl for PIC32MX development
Hi, I'm going to be doing some PIC32 development and I'd love to do it under linux if I'm able. We have a PIC32MX and the Microchip ICD2 "hockey puck" JTAG. I don't care so much about an IDE - I'd...
5
5

Getting started with IAR+MCB2130?
I'm trying to get up and running on the MCB2130 using IAR Kickstart to build and FlashMagic to load the code. Do I need to write my own startup code for this configuration? Since I don't have a JTAG...
11
11

Looking for thoughts on embedded systems education
Hello all, I've been teaching embedded systems for quite a few years now and we are looking to make some major changes in what we're doing (going from one class to two, going from PPC to ARM/ATOM/AVR,...
26
26

PXE details
Hi, I want to use some surplus PC's to hack together a "test network". Rather than preparing disk/floppy images, it's a lot easier to just deploy the sample executables from a single server. PXE...
4
4

email client: POP vs. POP3 differences
I'm trying to find a definitive source for the differences between POP and POP3 email clients. Googling has turned up a LOT of noise on the subject. Essentially, can I assume for basic operation that...
7
7

Need help on getting the original source code of eZ430 Chronos
Currently i'm interested to modify the eZ430 Chronos watch, does any one from TI whom would like to send me the orginal copy or 3rd party of the source code. Thank you....
1
1

need advice on device design
For my bachelor project i need a device capable of collecting data from sensors and transmit it through a 802.11b transceiver to a pc. I've worked until now only with software high and low-end...
4
4

C18 Compiler again
Unbelievable..... I'm playing around with the Microchip C18 compiler after a hair-splitting experience with CCS. Apparently the optimizer of C18 is not that good. For instance: LATF = addr >> 16;...
58
58

Which is the better method to use "if else" statements
Hi friends, I have some doubt in using "if" "else" statements. uint16_t Func1(uint16_t int1, uint16_t int2, uint16_t int3) { if(int1 == 32) { if(int2 == 16) { if(int3 == 8) { return 0; } else { return...
44
44

Bluetooth...where to start?
Hi, i want to realize a bluetooth devive thath can be used to communicate with mobile phones, but i have no idea where to start...i have a lot of questions about: 1. What is the difference between HCI...
2
2

A challenging opportunity for Linux kernel Developers.
Hi, This is regarding a job opportunity with one of the premium client in Bangalore Dexcel Electronics Designs ( Dexcel Electronics Designs, an embedded systems design and R&D house was incubated in...

Opening for Device Driver Developers
Greetings from Dexcel Designs. ABOUT DEXCEL DESIGNS: =95Dexcel is a ISO 9000 certified company and was found in mid on year 2000 as a technology focused company of the Comcraft group of Singapore,...

ARM7
Does anyone use the LPC2478 board for development. What resources should be used and what experience will you share. I am looking at it closely now but have found that they have a bait and switch...
3
3

C program flow control - Very Basic Question.
I've got a very basic question guys, I'm teaching myself C using Microchip's C18 compiler. I've got my main loop running, looking for certain conditions to occur, receiving a serial command &...
35
35