Subject Author Posted Replies

Position independent code with position dependent data ?
Hi there ! My CPU has no MMU, very little RAM (8KB), and is running a modified FreeRTOS. I'd like to have the ability to "load" and run some code from USART/DATAFLASH to FLASH as a RTOS task. Of...
23
23

IAR EWARM vs NXP ARMs, again
I found my J-Link lying around and tried again to get IAR to play nice with an NXP ARM7, and I'm heading to the conclusion that this toolchain simply doesn't work with NXP. Here's what happens - it's...
22
22

MOSFET DRIVER PROBLEM
Hi, I am using TC4427 to drive the MOSFET.. I am giving the signal of 3MHZ with the voltage level of 3.3v.. I have 3 volt at Vdd pin and -8v at the GND pin so my output should be swing between 3v to...
3
3

dumping nvidia rom image
anyone has any idea how to dump the nvidia graphic card rom image? those utilities like nvflash.exe found in guru3d are too dangerous - not sure if it has malware or not. anyone know of open source...

Multimeter Clock – Styled after the S impson 260 Multimeter
Written by: Alan Parekh I had great fun working on a cool Multimeter Clock project which got picked up by Design News for their Gadget Freak series. I thought it would be cool to have a clock that...

a hobby class on microcontrollers
I need to think about a class that will include both young and old, all of whom have very little experience but at least the hope of trying to enjoy such a class on microcontrollers without knowing...
113
113

Selection of processor for high speed data
Hello all, I am in the process of selecting a processor. I have few queries related with the selection of a processor for embedded systems design . For selecting the correct processor to handle high...
7
7

Looking to buy a used embedded cross compiler
Hi, I have this home project and am currently set up with a MS Windows gcc cross compiler to 68000. I did a quick look at the assembler and saw that when I passed a single variable to a function, it...
10
10

Numonyx/ST M45PE80
Does anyone know if this part, or the whole Forte line is EOL or not? Mouser shows it as EOL, Arrow shows it on allocation. The allocation doesn't particularly scare me but the EOL does. Anyone use...

What is message collison?
In a typical serial protocol, when mutiple nodes attempt to access the bus at the same time, a collison may occur, what is this collison exactly mean? --------------------------------------- Posted...
3
3

low-power-cons, low-cost, uP+DSP combo for H.264 video encoding & control/monitor application
Hi, Seeking some recommendations for embedded low-power (definitely fanless) uP + DSP that can handle H.264 Basic profile encoding, for VGA frames @ 30fps (or more) with 30% (atleast) motion. At the...
5
5

Freescale go 64 bit on power (PPC)
Got the link in a newsletter from them yesterday. Dual 2+ GHz 64-bit power cores with classic FPU (separate 32 FPU registers). That on a SOC with plenty of stuff... I am impressed and somewhat...
1
1

Zigbee stack
Hi all, I am looking for a 802.15.4 stack, which implements GTS and synchronization(I know TI mac doesnt implement it). Does anyone have any idea, where I can download such a stack? thanks & regards...
2
2

OMAP DSP starting vector
On TI OMAP-L138 DSP, there is a system register which contains "DSP reset vector" (HOST1CFG::DSP_ISTP_RST_VAL). For some reason, the lower 10 bits of this register are set to 0. Is this the address...
3
3

Low battery indicator
Hi, Last night, kept hearing a short little "tune" (1-2 seconds) throughout the night. Eventually convinced myself it was *not* part of a bizarre dream sequence. Come morning, I actively sought it...
11
11