Subject Author Posted Replies

arm-gcc: pointer to constant string
--- 1.c --- void foo(void) { dummy("hello"); } --- 2.c --- static const char *s; void dummy(const char *ss) { s = ss; } "hello" is a constant string declared inside function foo(). Is there a...
58
58

OpenSTM32 (Eclipse) debugger trying to write RAM section
Hi Folks- I'm having a problem in which the OpenSTM32 System Workbench debugger reports ?Warn : no flash bank found for address 20000000? when I flash my STM32 target using System Workbench. The...

Out of Root Code Space
I have a large design that is based on Rabbit 6700 board and using Dynamic C 10.72A version. The main source code has about 600 lines, many of which, there are many self created library used. The...
1
1

Joint Webinar: Getting Started with Qt on Toradex System on Modules in no time!
In this webinar from Qt and Toradex, you will learn how simple it is to ins tall Qt on Toradex System on Modules (SoMs). Learn how you can evaluate the performance in less than 2 minutes! Next, we...

clock synchronization over IP
36
36

Gerbv
Anyone using Gerbv as a Gerber viewer? I'm having a problem where a few dr ill locations in a drill file look out of location. I seem to have narrowe d the problem to the use of trailing zero...
20
20

DDCMP and 68302
Does anyone know anything about DDCMP and the 68302 chip. We have some sof tware that uses it in asynchronous mode over RS485 and we want to see if we can emulate the DDCMP behaviour on another...
3
3

"Boost context" for task switching on embedded Linux on ARM
Following on from my recent question about PThreads I have a new question a bout Boost:context We have some legacy code(Motorola 68000 C) that we want to use that has coo perative task switching. We...
20
20

C++ threads versus PThreads for embedded Linux on ARM micro
We're starting an embedded Linux C++ project with an ARM micro and using GCC V7. Can anyone suggest pros and cons of using C++ Threads versus PThreads (Posix threads).
49
49

FreeRTOS memory footprint reduction at build time
Hi Folks- FreeRTOS has a build config file (FreeRTOSConfig.h) that users can apply at build time to customize the RTOS. The FreeRTOS web site has a page to describe the options ( What it doesn't have...
5
5

Free 8051/8052 Keil C Sourcecode
Visit for Keil C software modules for 8051/ 8052 microcontrollers.
1
1

How to Solder a Wire to Surface-Mount IC With Pins VERY Close Together?
We do embedded software, but the hardware is produced by our customer (we d on't control it). Sometimes we need to attach a wire (for monitoring a serial or I2C interfac e, or for timing...
12
12

what's the startup clock frequency of PIC1703
I'd like to run from internal osc (XTAL pins as GPIO), but from the configuration bits it looks like it defaults to ext clk. I can't seem to find docs on their two speed startup and Fail-safe clock...
9
9

[AVR] What assembler to use?
I've just been trying to use avra, but it outputs coff or something, so obdump has trouble disassembling it. I am also not sure how to link the result(ihex have no symbol info). So now I believe the...
14
14

Serial EEPROM or Serial Flash?
I need to save some data on a non-volatile memory. They are some parameters that the user could change infrequently, for example 10 times per day at a maximum. In the range 100-2kB. As usually occurs,...
36
36