Subject Author Posted Replies

Is anyone using Jens Altmann's JSIM-51 simulator?
Is anyone successfully using Jens Altmann's JSIM-51 simulator for 8051 family processors? Or know where there's an active user community? I've downloaded it and it runs, but there are some questions I...

I have a EP9307 based custom designed board. At present it is using the same setup as the development kit for EP9307. At present we use redboot to download zimage on to flash and then boot the kernel...

STMicroelectronics Introduces ST SPEAr1310 Microcontroller with Dual-Core Cortex
This has dual ARM Cortex-A9 cores and a DDR3 memory interface. Also, multiple Ethernet interfaces, three USB ports, CAN, I2C, touchscreen interface, and a bunch of other stuff. From...
4
4

Start Frame Delimiter
Hi All, I would like to understand the real importance of "start frame delimitor" in a wireless protocol. Especially why do we need a fixed pattern like SFD when we already do some pattern matching to...
1
1

CAN functional test
Hi, I'm preparing a end of production test for a board. The test will be semi automatic, there will be a guy that push some buttons and turn some poti. On the board I have rs232 an CAN communication....
8
8

PHY Problems
Hi All I'm having trouble configuring a PHY and I'm not sure if the problem is the software or the hardware. I have two boards: 1) IAR NXP2468 (Arm-based) dev-kit using a DP8348 PHY in RMII mode. 2)...
2
2

Wayyyyy OT: Flavorings
Hi, I'm looking for ideas on good "complementary" flavorings to pair with *coconut* in ice cream. Keep in mind the nature of the tastes -- as well as textures. E.g., "coconut - banana" wouldn't fare...
15
15

Problems with VHDL lookup table in Quartus
Hi, I'm trying to debug a Cyclone design which writes values taken from a lookup table to the address inputs of a crosspoint analog switch. The problem is that everything looks OK in the Quartus...
2
2

DSS Interface
We happen to be doing an upgrade to an existing card I am selling a customer and they are asking about the feasibility of providing a DSS interface (56 kbps AMI encoding). Their thought was to use the...
2
2

Fibre Optic Cable Linking
I am looking for reference materials and design ideas for implementing a customized high speed synchronous serial communications solution over a fiber optic cable pair (one for Rx and the other for...
4
4

32 bit USB uC in 48pins
We are evaluating low end 32 bit USB (device only) uCs. Ideally, we want 64K flash and 30 I/Os in 48 pins. So far, these are possible choices: Are there any other we should like into? AT32UC3B164 64K...
31
31

What might be the meaning of 10-tooth machine?
Following is a link to a typical machine. What might be the meaning of by 10-tooth machine? Is it the teeth on the gears? --------------------------------------- Posted through
1
1

lex/yacc efficiency tradeoffs
Hi, Does anyone have any rule-of-thumb guidelines for the relative efficiencies of doing promotions in the lexer vs the formal grammar? Both in terms of time and space? E.g., imagine: [1-9][0-9]{2,4}...
22
22

Data transfer via ezusb.sys
Hi everyone, I'm using driver to send data to CY7C68013A chip (BULK TRANSFER). Suppose i need to send 4 i need to add additional 508 zero bytes to packet when i'm using DeviceIoControl with...
1
1

Migrating from PIC18 to ARM: which MCU to choose?
We have a product based around the PIC18F6680 which is now becoming a rare and expensive part. Since it looks like ARM devices are winning the popularity war, the chips are cheap and plentiful. The...
73
73