Subject Author Posted Replies

Do you think MLVDS got some future?
I was making a research a few months ago to make a control system for a robot and after a while I found MLVDS. It seems perfect to be used as a network for communication inside a robot but I could not...
15
15

Instrumenting for power managment
Hi, I have an application that is extremely power conscious (VERY long uptimes on battery, etc.). It sees lots of extended usage -- i.e., can benefit from "watching itself". The RTOS and API have...
12
12

Special Issue on Embedded Software Design for 3D Graphics Visualization (CFP)
Call for Papers Special Issue on Embedded Software Design for 3D Graphics Visualization In the field of Computer Graphics, one of the big challenges is to produce photo-quality images from a...
1
1

FPGA + DSP: any solution?
Hi, I'm looking for an FPGA+DSP solution with small form factor (PC104 or less) for image processing. I thought about Spartan6 (for lvds to raw conversion data) + TMS320C6457 (for image processing) I...
2
2

OOP and OOD for senior C-style embedded software engineers
We have a few embedded software engineers who had worked on embedded application for many years with C. Now we decide to switch to C++ and adopt OOP and OOD in our next generation firmware. Although...
21
21

Pico itx module
Hi, i need a very small module with x86 processor able to do image processing...any suggestion? Thanks
1
1

Embedded Web Server ... Question about most common pactices...
Hi i need to implement an embedded webserver and i was wondering, what is the most common practice on this field. To develop your own TCP/IP stack or use a generic and open one as uIP? Any one knows...
22
22

Is Dataflash going obsolete?
Just been to to check for serial flash memory and almost all are Awaiting Delivery / Out of Stock / No Longer Manufactured. Is there something else that is supposed to replace the serial flash or...
21
21

Best CPLD choice for a Stellaris platform
Hi guys, I am designing a new Stellaris based (LM3S9B92) platform for a POS project. Stellaris looked the best way to go for me (small package,MAC+PHY!!,easy to start ROM libraries,reputable...
7
7

Embedded I2C Contract Job
Taking bids for writing of firmware such that 10 bit readings from 8 capacitors can be taken by each or any of 5 AD7143 Capacitance to Digital Converters, sent to a PIC18F2455 (currently onboard a UBW...

Anybody want a ....
Digging in the basement I found: Motorola Modular Development System MMDS0508 I inherited this unit 5 years ago when a friends company went under. If anyone would like to have this fine piece of...
1
1

Moore versus TPL: The bomb has burst
Chuck Moore has filed a suit against TPL, at last. Read more at I wish Chuck and GreenArrays success at this endeavour. The outcome will be hopefully that the awesome GreenArrays technology can be...
1
1

Quick help with PIC18F4510 - not debuggable in Large memory model?
Anyone have experience working with this part and Hi-Tech C (lite)? I've got a weird problem and I'm not sure my workaround is correct. I have connected only a debug header per the ICD2 LE...
1
1

EP93xx FREE-RTOS and VIC interrupts
Anybody know of a freeRTOS implementation for the Cirrus EP93xx chip? I am trying to keep the basic set of interrupt functions used in the original ARM port used for other devices. This requires a...

Motorola HDS-200 Development Tool
Is there any interest out there in this (antique) development tool? I've got one (it takes up a lot of space!) that I would like to part with. Thanks, TomC