Subject Author Posted Replies

USB Interface Chip Vs FPGA Implementation
Hello all, We are trying to decide whether or not to purchase a cheap USB host controller to handle a single peripheral device or setup a Spartan 3E 500 gate FPGA to act as the host. .. we are...
6
6

Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest November 14, 2010 The supercomputers on the Top 500 list, which is produced twice a year, are rated based on speed of performance China overtook the United...
27
27

PCB grounding
Hi to all, I am designing a PCB with a digital circuit based on a STM32F103 MCU with USB,LAN and RS232 ports. The power comes from an external wall type 12V/2.5A switching type regulator. There are 3...
1
1

Question on: Touch Screen Films
Hi, I'm designing a Control Panel composed by a screen and a key pad. I noticed that Resistive and Capacitive Touch Screen Films are getting popular because they can replace silicon keypads. I know...
5
5

Looking for pointers on implementing a symbol table using little RAM
I'm looking for ways to convert textual symbols/identifiers into a small integer e.g. 16-bit short int. The key things are for the amount of RAM used to be small, lookup to be reasonably quick and for...
16
16

Python packages for embedded systems
I was looking for Python modules for embedded systems, and I have found the following website: the subdirectory is a lot of GPL-ed code which may be used to interface Python to different I/O...
4
4

First Apple computer expected to sell for an estimated $242,400
First Apple computer expected to sell for an estimated $242,400 Created in 1976, the Apple-1 was only worth $666.66 and was one of an estimated 200 produced by the hand of co-founder Steve Wosniak....
2
2

x86 ROL on ARM?
x86 ROL does this: bit 0 to bit 1... bit 30 to bit 31 bit 31 to both bit 0 and carry flag. Since I'm new to arm asm, is there a quick way of doing this? Or should I just change the algo to use ARM's...
5
5

Instrumenting ISR's
Hi, Subject line gives the gist of the issue -- though the reality is a bit more "involved" (of course! :> ) I'm trying to figure out how to instrument (certain) "ISR's" to more accurately track...
2
2

AVR32 with Floating Point Unit *is* available
Mentioned this in a different thread but gave no info on tools. You have to use the IAR compiler right now, but an AVR32 gcc with floating point support should be available early December 2010 The...
4
4

STM8L151 vs MSP430 performance benchmark
Dear Sirs, Me and my colleagues are involved now with selection of new MCUs for our new projects for the following 2 desired MCUs should have very low power consumption and some of them should have...
6
6

problem in receiving data from GSM module to 8051 microcontroller
Hi, I am doing a project using 8051 and GSM module,SIM900B. I am using a 8051 microcontroller to send AT commands to GSM module and store the data in an array and send the stored data as a text...
2
2

ewarm 5.41 view stack problem
Dear all, I have a problem with my EWARM 5.41..... When I'm using simulator for debugging my project I cannot view stack. I have enabled plugin which provides viewing stack but it still doesn't work....
5
5

Lantronix gone mad???
Any Lantronix users out here? I was just wondering if I'm the only one who thinks they've gone mad with their latest Com Port Redirector and Device Installer. Those two utilities require .NET V4,...
7
7

yaSSL Exhibiting at 2010 ARM Technology Conference
Hi! yaSSL will be exhibiting at the 2010 ARM Technology Conference in Santa Clara, CA on November 10th and 11th, 2010. If you are attending, stop by and visit! The yaSSL team will be talking about...