Subject Author Posted Replies

No sympathy expected......
No advice required, just need to tell people who might understand, if not sympathise, about my last 2 hours..... Got stuck with an HCS12 program that's grown into a bit of a monster. Added serial IO...
9
9

Need some advices about USB powering.
Hi, i got i circuit that is powered by USB and it got a PIC on it. There is a 12V battery to supply the circuit if the USB get disconected. The battery is regulated using a simple LM7805 (for now but...
12
12

VGA/SVGA controller
Hi all, I'm looking for some card/device to display text/graphics on my LCD - data source is small arm uP. I found some module from Mylium (LAVA 10 - and I'm wondering if anyone had an experience with...
7
7

YUV to RGB conversion in OV7620
Hello, I am deveolping a VHDL code to get a image from a OV7620 camera. Until now I have managed to get YUV image in a binary file. When I display that image the Y component is correct (monochrome...
1
1

writing to flash S29GL128N using MSP 430
Hai all, I have been trying to program a flash memory from spansion S29GL128N for quite sometime,but i am not able to succeed. The timing cycles and unlock cycles has been rightly followed. I had...

Want a 1ms tick from Linux without modifying Linux Kernel
I need to develop an embedded application running on Linux, to be more specific, Wind River Linux 4.0 is my favorite for now. My application requires a timer, or scheduler, which is required to tick...
6
6

How to convert gnu make conditional statements to clearmake?
Below makefile gives syntax error when invoked with clearmake program. The syntax error is on line: SILENT=@ How to convert these gnu statements to clearmake?...

"Efficient" timer implementations
Hi, In my latest RTOS, I have timers on every service (i.e., every service invocation can return ERROR_TIMEOUT in addition to SUCCESS or FAILURE). But, the common approaches to providing timers (not...
17
17

Long shot: looking for legacy SBC
Hi, Many years ago there was a SBC that emulated a PDP8-E, IIRC IMS61-something-or-other? If there's one or two out there that still work, I'd be interested in getting hold of them. Nothing in EBAY,...
3
3

I need an 8051 core based chip with RTC... SUGGESTIONS?
I really want one with all of the bells and whistles but I have been out of this for awhile and am not familiar with what is available now. I have to stay with the 8051xxxx family. Thanks for any and...
10
10

AVRfreaks down?
Can anyone see AVRfreaks as of Dec 4th?
4
4

Transcoding strategies
Hi, [c.realtime included in case there are any dustbunnies hiding under the carpet] I'm investigating design strategies for transcoding multimedia formats. There are *way* too many codecs to try to...

Converting PCL bitmaps to PDF?
I am trying to get a presentable hard copy from Orcad SDT/386 which can be emailed etc to people. I have PLOTALL working, and outputting in postscript, all fine, and by importing the .ps file into say...
10
10

Pointers: Device configuration schemas in XML?
This has to be a FAQ, but has anyone developed a good schema for having a device present an arbitrary list of configurable options (probably in XML) to a UI that presents the configuration options...
4
4

STM32 F-2 Family from STMicroelectronics is Cortex-M3 that runs as 120MHz
The STM32 F-2 runs out of Flash at 120MHz. Has two USB 2.0B OTG ports, Ethernet, 528 bytes OTP memory (who remembers what OTP means?) and plenty of peripherals. The STM32 F-2 is from...
4
4