Subject Author Posted Replies

Is it possible to use HTTP protocol without client-server model
I know this question sounds crazy. It is common sense that HTTP is based on client-server model. If I want to use HTTP, I have to setup a server. However, it is unpopular to setup an additional server...
5
5

How to track questions and answers of a project
I have to work with another developer at a remote office, still within the same corporate network though. I would like to share questions and answers about the project with him, so later we may have a...
5
5

How to poll hostname from local name server with wildcard
I am developing a cross-platform application for Windows and Linux. I would like the application to poll all computers/devices connected to a LAN and with host names beginning with a special string,...
1
1

Way OT: Right-pondian "cultural" issue
Hi, I've been treating myself to D Adam's books, again, with an "older eye" -- looking for subtleties that I was too busy laughing to have noticed earlier. In one of the HHG novels, "Belgium" is...
11
11

Help with this PIC code
Hi, i want your opinion about this code for PIC24FJ32GB002...I want to use internal FRC for bus clock at 8MHz and obtain a PWM output at 150KHz...this is my first pic code and i can't test it (i...
1
1

Identify the checksum algorithm
Hey Guys, I've been asked to write a technical document describing a protocol. Although I wrote most of it, the underlying structure ie header, and checksum was already in existence. In the technical...
3
3

Style (?) issue
Hi, (sigh) Another *@&^#($ night of "tree sitting". This gets old REALLY FAST! :-/ Anyway, between trips outside, I've been dressing up some old bits of software -- cleaning up commentary, etc. One of...
22
22

How to enable file transfer for cross-platform application
I would like to enable file transfer between Windows PCs and a bunch of Linux devices within a corporate network(include one site or multiple sites). The file size can range from a few kilobytes to a...
5
5

Free Alternative to PicBasic?
Free Alternative to PicBasic? I'm looking for a freeware high level language for programming microcontrollers. I currently use an old version of PicBasic Pro to write code for hobby projects; mostly...
38
38

CFP: SMART 2011: 5th Workshop on Statistical and Machine learning approaches to ARchitecture and compilaTion
******************************************************************************** CALL FOR PAPERS 5th Workshop on Statistical and Machine learning approaches to ARchitecture and compilaTion (SMART...

CRC generator polynomial
Hi, I have a question on the basics of choosing a CRC generator polynomial. Books mention that if the polynomial has "1+x" as a factor it implies that the corrosponding codeword will have even number...

Applications "buying" resources
Hi, My RTOS has hooks that let the "kernel" ask tasks (forget how that is defined) to voluntarily shed resources (time, memory, power). This lets the kernel (actually, a "special" user-land task that...
77
77

How to resolve address by host name in corporate network
I need to develop a linux device, and I want to retrieve its IP address by its host name within a corporate network (may have offices at various geographical locations). Here is my idea: I assume...
3
3

Invoke bootloader in ISP mode on LPC2368
Hi, all. My custom board has a LPC2368 installed and runs FreeRTOS. What I am trying to do is to invoke bootloader in ISP mode from my application - to allow in-field firmware upgrade, when FlashMagic...
2
2

Would really like input/opinions on the ARM/CORTEX M3
I sure would like to hear opinions on the ARM Cortex M3 micro. What is the cheapest dev. board for this chip or, a schematic. Anyone have Altium or Keil for sale. As always, that you for your time and...
37
37