Subject Author Posted Replies

Ken Olsen passed away yesterday
Got the following message from the DEC Alumni LinkedIn administrator: "It is with great regret that I inform you that our beloved CEO Ken Olsen passed away, yesterday in Indiana, with his immediate...
17
17

Accessing the embedded board via NFS
Hello to all guys Actually I have an embedded development board installed with the linux and I want to mount the filesystem in my Desktop also running the linux Ubuntu 10.04 lucid , which is in the...
15
15

Oscilloscope for embbeded syetem.
Hi, I have to start working on two boards TS-7200 and an fpga I was wondering what kind on oscilloscope should I get? With TS-7200, I am going to be using pc like protocols(rs323--i2c), over general...
26
26

Looking for simple file transfer
Hello, I'm working with some small embedded devices that need a software upgrade capability through TCP/IP. I'm looking for a simple and lightweight protocol to send some files. I'm aware of TFTP,...
16
16

ARM SBC in arduino form factor?
For a couple of one of a kind projects, I would like to use an ARM controller in a board that could accept (at least some of the) Arduino shields. So far I found the Xduino (status dubious) and the...
11
11

[OT] Software fashion.
Took me a while, but sooner or later everybody must reach that unavoidable conclussion. Particularly in companies that must follow Microsoft's technology du jour. [ "The power of acute observation is...

USB Throughput
I was thinking about high speed USB vs full speed and how hubs work. If I understand correctly, a high speed hub always uses high speed upstream with a high speed host port, but can use either high...
4
4

Problem in reading/writing to SD card through MPC5554 using high SPI clock speed
Hi everybody, I have interfaced a 4 GB class 4 Kingston micro SD card with MPC5554 using SPI. I have implemented FAT32 file system driver on it. Everything(reading/writing files) works fine when I...
3
3

CFP reminder for SMART'11 @ CGO'11: paper submission deadline in less than a week
Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call. ******************************************************************************** CALL FOR PAPERS 5th Workshop on Statistical and Machine learning...

M25P32 manufacturer ID
Hello All. I'm starting with M25P32. I read 3 bytes of the ID sequence and get 0xC2,0x20,0x16, while in the datasheet it's written that it should be 0x20,0x20,0x16. Can it be an IC with different...
2
2

timestamping data
Hello, Im using an HCS12 MCU interfaced with an E-field sensor and a 300ksps ADC inorder to record the electric field coming from an EMP bomb. the phenomenon will only last a few milliseconds, maybe...
1
1

Cheap GSM and GPS modules
Hi, I want to make a stand alone device which could sen me location based reminders. For that I need a GPS module and a GSM module. I am a student in India so cost would be a major concern. Looking...
2
2

Ethernet routing to a second subnet from a wintel machine
The problem I have is that while the wintel pc (xp) has acquired its IP & subnet via dhcp from my ISP it won't route packets to another subnet (e.g. 192.168.100.xx). I set manually an ARP entry to the...
49
49

data logging to USB and SD card
Hi all, I want to sample 4 analog signals at 75 kHz simultaneously and log the data into a pendrive/ SD card. I have some experience in 8051 and I am seeing some big libraries for SD card in the web....
5
5

kalman filter
HI! I am working with kalman filter ..in Kalman filter there are two phases namely prediction and updation. What will be the intial value for prediction?And i need some real time example for kalman...
4
4