Subject Author Posted Replies

Free antenna simulation software?
This is actually for a school project... so warning in advance! I would like to simulate an antenna design - exactly one. A very simple antenna; it's supposed to be a receiver for UHF digital TV...
2
2

Read 30MP webcam
Now, i get it. These are real 30MP webcams: 640x480 = 307200 = 30M pixels. In China, M is 10 to the power of 4, not 6. They take over industries, oil and money. Now, they are taking over the...
22
22

Ken Olsen passed away yesterday
Got the following message from the DEC Alumni LinkedIn administrator: "It is with great regret that I inform you that our beloved CEO Ken Olsen passed away, yesterday in Indiana, with his immediate...
17
17

Accessing the embedded board via NFS
Hello to all guys Actually I have an embedded development board installed with the linux and I want to mount the filesystem in my Desktop also running the linux Ubuntu 10.04 lucid , which is in the...
15
15

Oscilloscope for embbeded syetem.
Hi, I have to start working on two boards TS-7200 and an fpga I was wondering what kind on oscilloscope should I get? With TS-7200, I am going to be using pc like protocols(rs323--i2c), over general...
26
26

Looking for simple file transfer
Hello, I'm working with some small embedded devices that need a software upgrade capability through TCP/IP. I'm looking for a simple and lightweight protocol to send some files. I'm aware of TFTP,...
16
16

ARM SBC in arduino form factor?
For a couple of one of a kind projects, I would like to use an ARM controller in a board that could accept (at least some of the) Arduino shields. So far I found the Xduino (status dubious) and the...
11
11

[OT] Software fashion.
Took me a while, but sooner or later everybody must reach that unavoidable conclussion. Particularly in companies that must follow Microsoft's technology du jour. [ "The power of acute observation is...

USB Throughput
I was thinking about high speed USB vs full speed and how hubs work. If I understand correctly, a high speed hub always uses high speed upstream with a high speed host port, but can use either high...
4
4

Problem in reading/writing to SD card through MPC5554 using high SPI clock speed
Hi everybody, I have interfaced a 4 GB class 4 Kingston micro SD card with MPC5554 using SPI. I have implemented FAT32 file system driver on it. Everything(reading/writing files) works fine when I...
3
3

CFP reminder for SMART'11 @ CGO'11: paper submission deadline in less than a week
Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call. ******************************************************************************** CALL FOR PAPERS 5th Workshop on Statistical and Machine learning...

M25P32 manufacturer ID
Hello All. I'm starting with M25P32. I read 3 bytes of the ID sequence and get 0xC2,0x20,0x16, while in the datasheet it's written that it should be 0x20,0x20,0x16. Can it be an IC with different...
2
2

timestamping data
Hello, Im using an HCS12 MCU interfaced with an E-field sensor and a 300ksps ADC inorder to record the electric field coming from an EMP bomb. the phenomenon will only last a few milliseconds, maybe...
1
1

Cheap GSM and GPS modules
Hi, I want to make a stand alone device which could sen me location based reminders. For that I need a GPS module and a GSM module. I am a student in India so cost would be a major concern. Looking...
2
2

Ethernet routing to a second subnet from a wintel machine
The problem I have is that while the wintel pc (xp) has acquired its IP & subnet via dhcp from my ISP it won't route packets to another subnet (e.g. 192.168.100.xx). I set manually an ARP entry to the...
49
49