Subject Author Posted Replies

FSM - Mealy vs. Moore
I'm discussing Finite State Machine (FSM) design in logic with some hardwar e folks and I thought I'd ask what a software community thinks. Moore - outputs are only a function of the state. Mealy -...
13
13

Remove unused data from the build output
I have defined a myassert(char *module, int line) function that uses the arguments only in Debug build. myassert() is defined in myassert.c and declared in myassert.h. In myassert.h there's also a...
4
4

PJRC Teensy 4.0 announced, small 600 mhz Cortex M7 board
In case anyone cares about this sort of thing. I find it cool. Teensy 4.0 is announced: - NXP iMXRT1062 Cortex M7 MCU, 1024k ram (512k tightly coupled, i.e. on a special fast internal bus that allows...
1
1

Examples for tklib's diagram package?
Hello out there, I am tasked to create a 'block diagram editor' and looking at tklib's diagram package it looks like maybe the right choice to start with. It would help a lot if I could look at some...
2
2

External SPI Flash for storing data
I have a board with Cortex-M3 NXP LPC1875 MCU with 512kB internal Flash, one 8MB external SDRAM and 2MB external SPI Flash. The external Flash is connected to a normal SPI, not SPIFI (in other words,...
15
15

Dynamic allocation and newlib-nano
I normally don't use dynamic allocation in embedded projects, however there are situations where this isn't possible. I'm working on a project with LPC1768 Cortex-M3 MCU that features 32kB+32kB RAM....
10
10

Boeing 737 Max software fix fails... again
Just when you thought it was safe to fly again... It make me think that every time you add code to close a loop-hole, you open new, smaller loopholes around the boundaries. Clifford Heath.
5
5

GE Smart Light Bulb reset
It took a very long time to realise that this wasn't a bad parody. If you were the engineer who implemented this, kill yourself. It's not a sin; you have no soul anyway.
11
11

Anybody here using STM32F4xx parts ?
Using the STM32F443 Cortex M4 with DMA2 feeding TIM1 and TIM8 CCRx registers for PWM generation. Curious if anybody here is using these parts as well ? boB
9
9

Data serialization for embedded platforms: ASN.1, JSON, Protocol Buffers....
It's a long time I work with embedded platforms, however I never used a well-defined and "standard" data serialization format. I often had the need to exchange data between platforms (Wifi, Ethernet,...
1
1

H8S2676 faulty chips
We use the Hitachi H8S2676 chip in one of our products and a while ago Rene sas told us the chip was going out of production. Someone here forgot to d o a lifetime buy from them in time but we...
19
19

Static JSON parser for embedded
Maybe in this group someone could be interested.
1
1

68360 QUICC debugging
I'm working with a very old 68360 based embedded system running from flash ROM based on pSOS+ RTOS, and need to debug. The BDM cannot do hardware breakpoints while running from ROM and thus I'm...
3
3

Why UART data is getting corrupted?
I'm getting a strange issue. We have a Atmega 128 controller board that kee ps on polling 15 Atmega8 based ultrasonic sensors. They are connected in RS 422 model where all Tx pins of 15 sensors are...
6
6

How to protect signals from MCU
I need to connect some signals (around 10) coming from an MCU to another MCU/logic IC far away round 1 meter. They are on different PCBs (and different metallic cases). The connectors between the...
12
12