Subject Author Posted Replies

USB as standard debug interface
In the past the typical debug backdoor was a RS232 interface. I have for instance a BlueWave multi-DSP VME board, which has beside the VME and an ethernet board an RS 232 for console output. The...
76
76

Is Realterm for Real?
I was asking about Bitscope a couple of weeks ago. They finally replied and I got it working. Now I am looking for RealTerm "spy" drivers (not SPI). The web pages say you need to donate a bit to get...
15
15

Problem disabling cache on ARM926ej-s
I've been using mmu.c to setup my MMU table and enable the caches - for months now, so I think that part is OK. Now I need to disable the icache, dcache and mmu, do some stuff and re-enable them. But...
2
2

Bi-color SMD leds: red and infrared?
Hi everyone, Im looking for SMD leds with red and infrared wavelenghts. Both in a single package. It's to be used in a pulse oxymeter. Do you know a company that offers this kind of LED/packages? In...
2
2

Question about LCD driver and APIs
We chose Optrex LCD for our prototype, and we were told that ILI9322 is its driver (integrated into the LCD hardware). They didn't provide a manual of APIs to their users. ILI9322 is a one-chip SoC...
8
8

Question about the speed of SPI RAM
Hi there, We found we had to add an external RAM (SRAM or SDRAM) at the late stage of electrical design. Basically there are only 2 GPIO pins still available, otherwise the RAM has to share with other...
15
15

image processing, object recognition (embedded / resource limited)
Hello Everybody, I'm looking for literature on object recognition algorithms on very limited systems. A low resolution image (10k..50k pixels) has to be processed to get the position of an object, and...
17
17

Control over memory alignment
Hi, My "unified memory manager" allows the client to specify the alignment for the fragment it is expected to return (this differs from malloc's more general assurances). A client can (in appropriate...
10
10

Legacy file formats
Hi, I had to dig out some ancient drawings (HPGL, gerber set) late last night. Of course, the originals from which they were created are not readable by anything "modern" (but, then again, this is...
7
7

Getting time from a GPRS modem
Is there a possibility to get current time (UTC preferred) from a (connected) GPRS modem? I've been searching through the Telit AT Commands Reference Guide, but only references to "time" are in...
20
20

USB OTG host to host communication
Hi c.a.e, I was asked to implement a bidirectional communication via USB (on an AVR32, which is OTG capable) between two identical devices. After some time of searching I couldn't even come up with a...
2
2

Refurbished Sun Enterprise Servers from Sun Microsystems
EOL Batteries has quality Refurbished Sun Enterprise Servers available on this give us a call if you want our technical sales expert to assist you to find the perfect refurbished Sun equipment that...

Looking for a tools to report memory usage
I have a legacy embedded product written by C under IAR workbench. I want to know how much memory the program will consume on-the-fly, so I can decide a suitable size of SDRAM for it, not too small to...
14
14

Cables
Hi, I suspect many of you are like me in that you stash cables in a box. *Possibly* labeled "Cables". Or, if you are a bit more organized, "CAT5 Cables", "Printer Cables", "Centronics SCSI Cables",...
26
26

timer issue
Greetings! My program has 100 timers running. If a timer expired which will generate a signal and it was mapped to a same function handler. All the timers are mapped to one function handler. The...
17
17