Subject Author Posted Replies

High speed USB devices
Hi, I'm building a custom USB-camera. There will be an FPGA chip doing some simple data handling for the sensor data and after that the image needs to be transmitted to a PC or an embedded Linux...
24
24

Hardware interfacing to LV FPGAs
Hi, After many years in the 5 volt world, I'm making my first tentative steps into FPGAs, which tend to deal with lower voltages. It seems that below 5 volts, things aren't as clear, there are...
7
7

Msc in Embedded systems in the UK
Hi, I am willing to study a MSc degree in Embedded systems in the UK, I am an electronic engineer, I am currently working in Telecommunications but I have got some experience with embedded systems...
10
10

PIC
can someone please explain in simple terms why I need to and how i can initialize the Fosc and Timer2. ...and what effects these have on the program. i am fairly new to micro-controller programming....
2
2

Fatal Error[Pe005]: could not open source file
I am testing MAXQ7667 eval kit with IAR MAX evaluation software. it is showing *** Fatal Error[Pe005]: could not open source file "iomacro.h" *** when i build the program. please help me to solve this...
5
5

ARM development - KEIL (MDK) vs. IAR (EW)
Hi all, I have browsed the web for recent experience reports on KEIL MDK and IAR Embedded Workbench. The posts that I found are quite outdated, so I thought I start a new thread here. I will need to...
21
21

"low profile" (?) *standard* USB A connector
Hi, I have a requirement for a "low profile" (i.e., protrudes from case "very little" when mated) USB A connector. I may be open to a "right angle" cable exit -- though I may have to change my mind as...
6
6

IAR versus HEW (Renesas High-performance Embedded Workshop)
We have a middle-scale C project for embedded network device development, and I need to choose one IDE between the IAR and Renesas HEW. The MCU is Renesas RX62N, and RTOS is a small-footprint not-so-...
10
10

Android smartphone (LG VS740) breakdown
For those who wants to use it for development, here are the components breakdown: Semis: ARM1136JF-S 600MHz Core ARM926EJ-S 400MHz Core QDSP5000 320MHz DSP 512M Nand Flash 256M DDR2 330 Cellular/PCS...
2
2

wxDesigner
Hi, I'm looking at using wxWidgets (or whatever the nom-du-jour is) to create some screens for a *kiosk* (i.e., not a desktop) interface. A colleague pointed me to wxDesigner as a tool for quickly...
22
22

Help with PCI driver for linux
Hi i am trying to implement bus mastering with the OC PCI Bridge with a linux (Ubuntu Kernel 2.6.32-24) on a x86. The Bridge is working ok, but on the PC side i am having a problem. I am trying to...

Open-Source SCPI / IEEE 488.2 Parser
Is anyone aware of =96 or interested in =96 an open-source SCPI parser tool= kit? There's a vast quantity of software (and people) that can talk to SCP= I-aware instrumentation, but relatively little...
11
11

Memory analisys library
Hello, I'm loooking for any statically linked memory analisys libraries, which is able to track executions of the malloc family functions. It is very important that library should be independent of...
1
1

ANN: Memory Safety Checker ... find those pesky memory reference problems in your C code
C applications use pointers. A lot. And it is easy to make a mistake with a pointer, producing an illegal memory reference or unwanted program behavior. A real problem with finding an error with a...
2
2

Recommendations for quick PCB and assembly ?
I've got a 4-layer board, nothing too fancy, SMD both sides, a handful of through-hole parts and connectors, 60mm x 180mm. Who would you use to get this board built and populated in a few days ?...
3
3