Subject Author Posted Replies

Data missing with FT2232D in DLP FPGA
Hello, I am using DLP FPGA kit which contains FT2232D chip. Data transfer is through parallel FIFO interface and D2xx driver. I have to transfer 3 bytes of data which is generated at different data...
1
1

PC to OOPic-R connection
Hello this is my first time here i need some help with my connection to an OOPic-R. Recently i have been creating a programe for the oopic for a buggy sort of robot. i have been modifying code and...

interrupts vs function calls
I am new to embedded systems. I have few questions a)Can key board clicks be considered as hardware interrupts or software interrupts? b) How are interrupts different from function calls or...
3
3

Keyboard Interrupt
Hello, my name is Sammy. I try to write an interrupt service routine for the keyboard interrupt. I'm using a Motorola 68HC08 and freescale's Codewarrior. Port A is connected with a button. Port B is...
3
3

ULPI Transceivers in Bus Power Application
Hi Everyone, I started a new thread to address USB in bus powered application using ULPI. As I understand the idea of ULPI, the ULPI PHY is helpful when interfacing processors and FPGAs without built...
1
1

Which embedded system would you use?
A research, Which digital and wired communication system would you use for the following robotic system. A system composed by a PC/104+ (it is just a very compact standard PC) with Xenomai (or maybe...
35
35

overflow in supposed to be unsigned long
Hi, I have to transmit an unsigned long as four bytes, so I split them up and join them again, but with the folowing example code, I get overflow at long_counter>32767 - can any of you give me a clue...
36
36

Ignore Suspend Current in USB Bus Pwr application?
I am looking at an device with a MCU managing a USB high speed peripheral. There is a SMSC USB3318 acting as a ULPI transceiver. It is desirable to be able to bus power the device but it may be very...
9
9

Error/Beep/Blink codes
Hi, I have three layers of "degradation" in the event of various degrees of system failure: 1) if just some *aspect* of the system fails (e.g., an application crashes, etc.) then I provide high level...
31
31

Flyback Power Supplies: Varnish question
Hi, some Switching Power Supplies come with some electronic components partially covered by a white glue called "Varnish". Does anybody know what Varnish is and why they use it all around in Power...
3
3

PI controller algorithm
Hi There, I need to resolve following problem: I have an led panel with an opto transistor on it that measures the light emitted/reflected from the target. I want to control the emitted light to be...
12
12

Even Blinder Optimization
I'm working on a Kalman filter application, with enough unknowns that the tuning process is very much seat of the pants. I've been getting things close, then using gradient optimization to get better...
6
6

No DHCPOFFERS received.
Hello guys I have the cable modem internet connectrd to my PC through the DHCP and I want to access the internet on my arm board and for that I just connected the internet cable to my arm board and...
5
5

BlackFin USB
I am experiencing very unreliable operation of the AD BlackFin BF-527 USB port (host mode, high speed). It seems to be a hardware problem. Did anyone accomplish a successful operation of the BlackFin...
5
5

Installing Quartus-II software on Ubuntu Linux
Hi, Can anyone point me to some straightforward info re the above? The Altera site installation pages aren't particularly clear, and none of the links in the forums actually get me to anything useful,...
13
13