Subject Author Posted Replies

Clouds and Clumps-of-Dirt
[shrug... what *is* the opposite of "cloud"?] Hi, I have to make a presentation for a new design. I *know* that it will (erroneously) conjure up the "cloud" notion in some heads and need to come up...
10
10

Reason behind MISRA rule 111
Hi, I am just curious to know what the reason behind MISRA rule 111. The rule says - Bit fields shall only be defined to be one of type unsigned int or signed int I have used UINT32 instead of...
3
3

LPC2386 and KSZ8041 PHY
Hello Guys, I am using LPC23xx series controller and has a RMII interface with KSZ8041 PHY from Micrel in one of my 6 Layer Card. The issue coming is, When i am connecting a CAT5 Cable between my PCB...
1
1

Dog-ish ARM performance?
Hi, I have a chance to repurpose some wireless displays for an application, here. Presently run WinCE 5 (?). I believe there is a PXA270 @ 300MHz under the hood. But, the performance appears...
3
3

USB transfer rate LPC17xx
Hi, We are designing a device which needs to transfer data to a PC over USB continuously. We plan to use the LPC1768 Cortex-M3 processor for this application. We would like some opinion on the best...
9
9

hai see me

OpenSource: netpp/DClib universal remote control library for embedded devices
Hi community, I'd like to announce a first preliminary and free OpenSource release of our device control library (DClib) and its mainly used protocol (network property protocol). What is this? Let me...

printing register values from exception handler...
Hi, I am using ECOS on ARM946. I have registered exception handlers for undefined instruction, data abort and pre-fetch abort, but i am unable to think of routine which can be useful for debugging in...
4
4

Re: Amazing or just moronic - please advise :D :D
Eh, that's regulations and bureaucracy for you. I had to fill out the same info when ordering a handful of buffer chips from Digi-Key. -a
3
3

Call for Papers (CFP)
========================================================= Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences Call for Research Papers (Vol. 2 No. 5) May 2011 Dear Sir/ Madam, Journal of...
1
1

Mobile Device Programming
Any good references on programming for the iPhone, iPad, and devices using Android? Somehow this looks like a perfect topic for an O'Reilly book. I'm getting rumblings of interest, thought I should...
7
7

Reason behind MISRA rule 111
Hi, I am just curious to know what the reason behind MISRA rule 111. The rule says - Bit fields shall only be defined to be one of type unsigned int or signed int I have used UINT32 instead of...
92
92

Tweaking a code snippet
Hi, Observe: x RELOP y ==> (x - y) RELOP 0 -1 * (x - y) ==> (y - x) i.e., (paraphrasing): -1 * [ (x - y) RELOP 0 ] ==> y RELOP x (RELOP is ">", "=", etc.) One of my server templates relies on this...
9
9

Open OCD and Freescale MPC5xx
Can anyone advise me if I can use OpenOCD with JTAG Key to read and write code to embedded MPC5XX using the BDM port. Or an alternative that provides an API library to develop a bespoke application....

Threading foul-ups?
Hi, What;s the deal with the "broken threading" I've been seeing lately? Is this an NNTP client issue? Or, have my filters been mangling messages in ways that I didn't expect? :< Thx, --don
41
41