Subject Author Posted Replies

What does it mean: Ultralow leakage per I/0 ?
Hello, In every uC datasheet I see a parameter of current leakage per I/0, but I don't clearly understand what does it mean. Let's say I have 44 pins and leakage 40 nA, so the entire leakage of all...
2
2

Please name this chip (diff ser comm)
I'm using two SN75176B, one for RX lines, and one for TX lines. Chip has 8 pins, that is 6 w/o power. I'd like to replace two chips with one. Instead of R, RE, D, DE, A, B (6 pins) I want R, RA, RB,...
4
4

Just had a revelation
I'm working on some C++ code, and I just realized that the keywords 'private', 'protected' and 'public' really miss the boat. Instead of talking to who can use the elements of the class by access,...
4
4

Stealth Blinky
A long standing habit with me is to make sure that whenever possible, any processor for which do the system design blinks at least one LED under software control, and has at least one LED on at any...
14
14

Redboot and eCos
Hello. I would program an AMR7 LPC2138 with eCos and redboot. But there is not enough RAM to load the program on it. (with a load command). I wonder if you know if I can directly load my program into...
4
4

pulse counter using LPC1768 proving to very challenging
Hi, I'm trying to counter some pulses (2-10usec width) using the LPC1768 Cortex-M3 microcontroller. There are 2 channels on which I have count the pulses on. I have to allow only pulses that are >=2us...
56
56

Help me with simple connector choice?
I'm looking for a connector family and I'm getting overwhelmed. Maybe some of you can point me in one or more good directions. Here's what I need -4 connections, unshielded -cable/wires to PCB -low...
12
12

Inexpensive JTAG adapter for STM32 / IAR ?
As subject line says - Can anybody recommend a (cheap) JTAG adapter that works well with IAR EWARM and ST Cortex M3 chips? Trying not to buy another Segger ... Thanks, -- Roberto Waltman [ Please...
9
9

Privacy policy
Hi, I've been stewing over this for a while (and obviously have not come to a satisfactory solution) and the recent bad press about pseudo-privacy issues in various consumer devices ("D'uh... didn't...
8
8

HTTP transfer errors
Hi, It's late and I've been up too many days so I'm obviously "missing something" (besides sleep!) here... :< I'm transfering some large (hundreds of MB) files from a client's web server. Files arrive...
46
46

ONLINE BACKUP IS VERY MUCH ESSENTIAL FOR SECURE YOUR DATA
Hi i am a new member of this group , and i also want to share resource on this topic. By the way i have also open a site on this fact to inform you learn more
3
3

IAR VisualState State machine code generation
I have been using State machine based design tools for some time, and have = seen UML modeling tools that allow you to execute your logic (call function= s, do other stuff) inside a state. However,...
8
8

CppUnit Question
Yes, this is a bit OT, but I'm doing unit testing for something that'll get embedded, so it _isn't_ OT!! The default behavior of CPPUNIT seems to be to stop running a test on the first ASSERT. I'd...
5
5

STM8Lvs PIC18 code density benchmark
Hi I have an existing platform that I've recently built on PIC18. Soon I'm starting a new project that is very price sensitive. Currently the existing platform occupies too much code memory, avoiding...
1
1

High USB throughput requirement
Hi, We are developing a project which requires a sustained USB transfer rate of avg. 4Mbytes/sec. Basically a microcontroller has to read data from 16bit high-speed ADC and send it to USB very...
55
55