Subject Author Posted Replies

Software Metrics (cat flame > /dev/null)
Hi, The subject of "software metrics" has limped across my desk. I don't dislike metrics for what they may show/fail-to-show. But, rather, because they usually don't have a stated "purpose". I.e.,...
44
44

Standard term for "replace obsolete part"?
Is there an common term for the process of modifying a design to replace obsolete parts? I though of "refresh" and "update", but they don't seem sufficiently descriptive.
10
10

New GA144 Info
The GA144 data sheet has been updated at GreenArrays. They now include instruction timing and some interesting power consumption info. One graph shows execution time, power consumption and energy used...
6
6

SATA 2 HD with very fast sustained transfer rate
The company at which I am working have finally decided that they need to log data from their equipment, which has an interface that is mechanically compatible with SATA, and could implement a 3Gb/s...
8
8

[ANN] HercuLeS high-level synthesis tool
Hi everyone i'm pleased to announce that after two years (and about 2000 man- hours), the HercuLeS high-level synthesis tool is ready for non- trivial work. HercuLeS allows you to synthesize ANSI C...
6
6

Micro with USB Host.
Need to select a small micro with USB host functionality, to add mouse and keyboard interfaces to a project conceived before USB was invented. An I2C or serial interface to the main controller would...
19
19

about quality of SAP training videos
Hi All, Has anyone bought SAP training videos on this site I would like to know the quality of their SAP training videos. Any comments are welcomed. I have little money to spend and therefore i would...

Re: Divine - Prayer - Witchcraft / Healing Healing Healing
Definitely on-topic for embedded systems develppment!
2
2

Marginally OT: Firewire interface
Hi, I have an external FW drive connected to one of my workstations. I seldom use the drive. Yet, whenever the machine is booted, the FW drive spins up. If I remember, I then manually spin it down....

LPC2478 LCD controller intensities and modulation rates
Hello, i have a board with LPC2478 and 320x240 STN LCD. The LCD mode is set to 4bpp, Mono, STN, Little Endian byte and pixel order. I have initialized the palette with these values: b31 b0 hex address...

STM32 multiple SDIO card
Hi, I'm trying to access to two SDIO card on the same bus with my STM32 but only one at the time is answering. I am doing the same things said on this thread without result: I am receiving a...

how to use gp relative adressing in GASM for mips
my problem is very simple. I'm uisng GCC for mips, and , I have to do a small part of the code in assembly I have my $(gp) register correctly set to the _gp section -in the midle of the sda section I...

MPE news
Support for NXP LPC11xx and Nuvoton NUC1xx Cortex-M0 devices has been added to the MPE ARM/Cortex cross compiler. Cortex-M4 support will appear later this year. For more details, see: There were...

testing GG, please ignore ...
I posted on the mcu monitor thread this moring. Nothing shows up. I posted on alt.test.test.test. Got it immediately. So, problem with GG on CAE only?
1
1

Fingerprint Scanner/Sensor interface with MCU
Hi all, I'm looking for a fingerprint scanner (or sensor? confused!) that I can interface with a MCU, authenticate with a reference and play around with it. No major requirements here, just a hobby...
4
4