Subject Author Posted Replies

"Random" number generation (reprise)
Hi, [yes, I understand the difference between random, pseudo-random, etc. I've chosen *random* in the subject line, deliberately.] 0. All of the following happens without human intervention or...
53
53

New Atmel SAM9 ARM Microcontrollers Supports DDR2, LCD, Touchscreen and draw 100mW
This one requires external Flash. It seems like every week they are squeezing more and more onto microcontrollers. Ethernet, CAN, USB, blah blah blah. But the LCD controller supports overlays. Article...

undefined reference to sbrk
I have tried to sort out the "unbdefined reference sbrk" message. First my system comfiguration, then my attempts. I have to build an executable (elf file) for powerpc with gnu-gcc 4.2.2. installed on...
5
5

Audio CODEC choices
Hi, I'm looking for ideas for an audio CODEC to use in streaming audio to my "network speakers". I've debugged the system using "raw" 16b samples. But, this wastes a fair bit of bandwidth "needlessly"...
53
53

Question on PCI-express verssus Standard PCI performance
Hi everyone, I'm working on a conversion project where we needed to convert a PCI acquisition card to a PCI-express (x1) acquisition card. The project is essentially the same except instead that the...
6
6

OT: Howto Carry old nntp thread
Hello, I have something to say for this [ but really can't find a way to follow-up. I just see "reply to author " or "forward " and "report spam " options. And I ask. If you are able to see the link...
10
10

NETCARBENCH: a GPL-licensed benchmark generator for automotive communication systems
NETCARBENCH ( that is being developed at INRIA since 2007, is a GPL-licensed software that generates automotive message sets according to a set of user-defined parameters. NETCARBENCH allows to...

OT: once upon a time...
Once upon a time there was a human civilization capable of building space shuttles... :-). This is what comes to mind when I look at the replacement options under consideration. I know many US...
9
9

STM32 PWM output accuracy issue.
Hello, I've got an STM32F103Z part and I'm trying to generate a PWM output between 10Hz and 20Hz from the timer 1 peripheral. Depending on how I set the timer 1 prescale value (timer 1 is on the 72Mhz...
7
7

need hardware validation resource recommendations - please help
Not sure whether this is the right newsgroup but ... I am searching for hardware validation resources (websites, books, etc.). I have searched but still not satisfied. Any suggestions would be much...
1
1

Do you see any future to the 8-bit MCU's?
Hi, During the latest months I have been receiving offers for 32-bit MCU's, mos= tly based on ARM-Cortex CPU's, at prices I'm currently paying for 8-bit dev= ices, or even cheaper! This has brought me...
65
65

industrial temp range bluetooth & wifi
Hi There, I'm looking at an industrial temp (-40c - 85c (or more))implementation with= bluetooth and wifi. The controller used will likely be a TI stellaris (arm= ) lm3s6965 and we're looking at using...
1
1

URGENT REQUIREMENT ::::::::: NEED JAVA DEVELOPER
Hi, We have an urgent opening for =93JAVA DEVELOPER=94 based in =93WAYNE,PA=94 with one of our client. ** 6-8 years of Java programming experience with J2EE, EJB, software patterns, and object...

ripping by i2S
I would like to have suggestions whether I2S bus interface is suitable for ripping function --------------------------------------- Posted through
16
16

NEED JAVA DEVELOPER
HI, we have an urgent requirement in this is position Tittle : Java Developer Location : Chicago, IL Duration : 6 Months Must Have: 6+ years of experience with Java/J2EE Developer 6+ years of...