Subject Author Posted Replies

Intercom
Sorry for such a simple question, but the "experts" on say you all probably have the answers I need. Here's the scene: I've got four people in the vehicle, each one wearing a sound-deadening headset...
29
29

Doorbell "button"
Hi, It occurred to me (while I was composing this) that the term "doorbell" is overloaded! We think of a doorbell as meaning: - the annunciator that announces a presence at the door - the button that...
29
29

Coding under Android
Hi, Well, I've been stymied trying to find 4-5" 4:3 LCD touch panels (I did find a nice one at 5" but have yet to chase down the manufacturer for availability). Rather than wait, I am begrudgingly...
21
21

Upgrade VME 68K systems
Hi, I am looking at options for upgrading a VME based system with a 68K CPU running a RTOS. Each system has a 32 channel ADC and 32 channel DAC and 96 discrete I/O. My reason for upgrading is that the...
13
13

Another post about V4L, ARM and OpenCV on another embedded platform
As you might of guess, I'm having some issues getting the above to play nicer together. Before I get to the details of my problem, and for the benefit of other who may google this post looking for...

Unhandled fault: external abort on non-linefetch (0x1028) at 0xd8050010xternal abort on non-linefetch (0x1028) at 0xd805001
Hi all, I have been working on solving this error, which i am getting on beagle board (has arm cortex on it), from quite a few days. (1) After digging to as much as i can, I found that this error...

Small hammer-like actuator ideas
Hi, I want to build a set of (tubular) chimes for the doorbell. I *don't* want the "strikers" to be visible (makes it a cleaner presentation and more "magical"). This suggests the strikers must reside...
63
63

Bar code OEM modules
Hi all, I am looking for an OEM scan engine to be used in a small handheld device. The Symbol CSE600 and SE655 look promising, but I'm having a hard time finding a distributor for small quantities. I...
14
14

Serial Flash vs Serial EEPROM ( sorry of you see the message twice)
Dear, I'd like to understand why ALL Serial Flash chips always come with SPI vs Serial EEPROM chips that always come with I2C ? Why not vice versa for example? For my current project I'd like to add a...

Why Serial Flash has SPI, but Serial EEPROM - I2C ?
Dear, I'd like to understand why ALL Serial Flash chips always come with SPI vs Serial EEPROM chips that always come with I2C ? Why not vice versa for example? For my current project I'd like to add a...
4
4

Lex and yacc vs GNU readline
I can't find anything online about using GNU readline as a front end for an interactive parser using lex and yacc. I would have thought this would be a fairly common thing to do. Does anyone know how...
4
4

"Virtual" BT pairing/bonding
Hi, The act of pairing a BT device usually involves some degree of (human) interaction with the device, etc. If a paired device moves beyond the coverage area of a particular (stationary) radio, that...
2
2

RTC problem (reading all zeros)
Using M41T81S, VCC=3V3, 1k pull-ups, with AT91SAM9260. VBAT is connected directly to VCC. I've zipped (almost) complete sources and a GIF. GIF shows what I *think* is happening. Yes, something else...
5
5

C18 calculation question - novice...
I'm trying to interface a SHT21 humidity sensor to a PIC (and learning C18 along the way, MPLAB, C18, PIC18LF44K22). A 16 bit serial value, S_RH, is read from the sensor. To convert this value into...
13
13

Urgent--- NEED 3 PeopleSoft consultants for 6+ Month project in Chicago
Dear Recruiters, We have an opening with one if our direct client in Chicago. Please find the below Job Description . If you have any resources with the skill set please send your consultants resumes...