Subject Author Posted Replies

Codewright Editor Issues
Maybe I'm stuck in my ways like a dinosaur, but I've always liked my Codewr ight editor. My latest PC would not take my previous installation of it th ough and I had to start fresh. But that means a...
22
22

available toroids
I've been looking for a toroid with a cross section area (one side) of probably 2 or 3 square centimeters and an id of about 10 or 12 mm. The intended inductor is about 14 micro henries and will...

Problem with connecting ADV7280-M to V4L in Rock Pi 4B SoC
I have to connect ADV7280-M (contained in the EVAL-ADV7280MEBZ board) board to Rock Pi 4B SoC. I have recompiled the kernel with added adv7180.c driver. The procedure for recompilation of the kernel I...

From cooperative to preemptive scheduler: a real example
I noticed my previous post about preemptive OS involved many people and started many discussions, most of them theoric. Someone wrote the synchronization of tasks in preemptive scheduler is not so...
31
31

stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0
stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 speed 0 baud; line = 0; min = 1; time = 0; -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel -opost -isig -icanon -iexten -echo (something is wrong) stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 ispeed 38400 stty: /dev/ttyUSB0:...
4
4

Task priorities in non strictly real-time systems
I have always worked on non real-time systems, i.e. when the reaction of the system to an event should occur in a reasonable time. For example, when the user presses a button, a motor should start...
73
73

gpsim segfaults when loading a .cod with stack in linmem.
the version is gpsim-0.31.0 # (Dec 30 2019) the commandline was gdb --args gpsim -s ../pic/ Here's a debug session: Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0xb7e28020 in...
1
1

Group with more traffic than CAE?
Hi This group has not much traffic Any recommendations for an alternative group? Cheers Klaus
2
2

high voltage charge pump
Anyone familiar with a high voltage charge pump designed as a step down power supply? The voltage is between 175 & 200. Numerous high voltage versions exist using inductors, (Onsemi has one that is...
4
4

Problems annotating a symbols' size using gpasms .DEF
I had been trying to output some sort of addressname mapping for debugging. Using the Map file seemed promising initially. But when trying to dump memory locations, it became obvious that I needed the...
1
1

Numerical output from a single LED
I'm working on a project in which the hardware is already designed. The customer added a late stage requirement to output a numerical counter value. The only output port is a single three-color (RGB)...
16
16

CubeMX and FreeRTOS: Systick
As you know, I'm playing with STM32 and CubeMX autogeneration code tool. I don't like ST HAL libraries generated by CubeMX, but this is my first approach to STM32 MCUs and CubeMX tool lets me have a...
12
12

.gitignore for Eclipse CDT
Many free IDE from silicon vendors (such as ST and NXP) are Eclipse-CDT based. Could you suggest a good .gitignore file? Mainly I don't know if it's better to ignore or add .settings folder, .project...
1
1

CubeMX or not?
I worked with NXP Cortex-M3 LPC1768 and similar and Microchip/Atmel SAM D20/C21. I didn't like Atmel Software Framework so I extracted a buch of low-level files from ASF (mainly headers to manipulate...
13
13

TC358743/9 settings for non-standard HDMI mode - where to find info?
Hi, I need to calculate settings for a non-standard video mode in HDMI-CSI2 bridges TC358743/TC358749 to be used in my embedded system, In the Linux drivers: I can find: /* * References (c = chapter,...