Subject Author Posted Replies

ov7725
I am trying to make sense of the datasheet for the OV7725. In particular, I am trying to understand the HSTART, HSIZE, VSTRT, VSIZE, HOutSize, VOutSize, and HREF registers. I understand generally what...
8
8

very cheap micro with CAN controller
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap micro with integrated CAN (optionally Transceiver ??). Wide area of supply voltage would be very welcome, of course. No special peripherals required, only some GPIO. The...
29
29

DTMF and the Goertzel
Hi- I've been on mission to find a way to do inexpensive real time DTMF tone capture from an audio stream. From my research, I found that the Goertzel filter is a good and simple way to test for the...
6
6

Cortex-M3 vs PIC32 divide instruction
I've finally been considering a project to use either a Cortex-M3 or a PIC32 processor and I've a technical question unrelated to any "business issues" between these options -- the divide instruction...
40
40

Flyback Transformer: sleeving question
Hi, I'm designing a flyback transformer of a 25 W power supply. The power supply will be UL tested in Europe. The norm that will be followed is the UL 60950. The UL safety engineer told that the...
6
6

Barcode by camera (reprise, sort of)
Hi, I started designing this application (process an image; search for a barcode label in the field; decode) and have been trying to identify and address the various ways a user can "go wrong" in such...
7
7

AT89S52 device signature damaged?
I've made a parallel port programmer (with HCT14 as interface) and a simple C source to programm the Atmel's S52, ISP. My baby-steps were (software only): 1. send "programming enable" and check for...
3
3

CAN termination vs. choke
Hi All - Anybody expert on CAN termination ? I'm looking at a board with the standard CAN terminator (120 ohm split into two 60 ohm with a 6.4pf to ground in the middle). The board also has a choke on...
7
7

Plastic Fiber Optic (POF) Link Design
Has anyone had experience with doing high speed control/data links using plastic optical fiber (POF)? I am currently looking at the FireComms IDL301T-220 part. I would appreciate any comments...

Non-intrusive continuity test
I've decided to russle up a simple electrical tester I've had in mind for some time. I'll say at the outset I'm intending this to be simple and built with a bare minimum of design effort and...
4
4

Switchers
It turns out that switching regulators can generate significant ripple at the output for the brief moment when the external sync signal is applied or removed. Sometimes that caused mysterios result...
2
2

Sockets
Hi I have an embedded linux system which I want to implement sockets programming on it. I have used these examples: have integrated the client.c example on my embedded system and the server.c example...
8
8

OT: High-Speed Internet Options in Rural Area?
Am moving to near Homer, MI from Marshall, MI. Won't actually be in Homer ... maybe a few miles West. Don't believe I can get DSL there. I checked out HughesNet ... data rate is OK, but total data...
7
7

REQ: Manuals/Documentation for Wind River SBC821/860
Anyone have manuals? documentation for the Wind River SBC821/860

USB Composite LPC1768 CDC
Hello, I have succeeded in creating a USB composite device that creates four VCOM's, using a LPC1768. I have looped (via software) the input to the output on each VCOM. After successfully installing...