Subject Author Posted Replies

On log or in log?
Writing a log object (as in log file, say logging accessed addresses using a browser) and the question "do I put something _on_ the log or do I put it _in_ the log"is bugging me, obviously enough so I...
33
33

Missing volatile qualifiers in MCU vendor header files?
Whilst trying to track down an obscure bug, I noticed that ST header files do not specify volatile for peripheral registers. In contrast ARM stuff (looking at CMSIS) is religious about volatile. For...
27
27

FFT Speeds
I'm not building anything, I'm just curious. I worked on a machine in the 80's called an attached array processor capable of 100 MFLOPS, the ST-100. It could do a 1K complex FFT in 0.86 msec. What...
29
29

PCIe controller in congatec SMX8 does not work
I try to get PCIe working in congatec SMX8 connected to the conga-SKIT/ARM i.MX8 motherboard. I use it with XTRX software radio module from Fairwaves. Unfortunately, the PCIe controller does not start...
3
3

How to connect GPIO in QEMU-emulated nachine to an object in host?
I need to connect the GPIO pins in the ARM machine emulated in QEMU to the GUI objects in application working on the host machine. For example, the level on the output GPIO should be reflected by a...
10
10

Cortex-M: share an int between two tasks
I'm working on a Cortex-M4 MCU and using FreeRTOS. One task: uint32_t wait_period; while(1) { // make some things vTaskDelay(pdMS_TO_TICKS(wait_period)); } The following function can be called from...
48
48

Announcement: C/C++/Lua code generator from UML state diagrams version 4.1
Hello list readers, SinelaboreRT generates clean and robust C/C++/Lua code from UML state machine diagrams. Features: - Support for various UML modelling tools or built-in editor (EA, UModel, Modelio...

External SPI Flash for storing data
Maybe someone remember the thread[1] that I created some months ago. I was searching a simple way to save on the external SPI Flash some constant data (mainly bitmaps) and copying them to SDRAM at...
3
3

Here we don't go again...
Yikes.
6
6

timestamp in ms and 64-bit counter
I need a timestamp in millisecond in linux epoch. It is a number that doesn't fit in a 32-bits number. I'm using a 32-bit MCU (STM32L4R9...) so I don't have a 64-bits hw counter. I need to create a...
62
62

newlib, FreeRTOS, reentrancy, heap and related questions
Usually arm gcc compiler uses newlib (or newlib-nano) for standard C libraries (memset, malloc, printf, time and so on). I sometimes replace newlib functions, because I don't like them. First of all,...
25
25

STM32L4R9 native bootloader (system memory)
I have a board that mounts STM32L4R9 MCU. I'm interested in the native USB bootloader, the one that resides in system memory. The BOOT0 pin can be pulled-down or pulled-up by resistors, but those...
4
4

What are the best courses to learn Embedded Engineering In the United States?
I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for example, I don't know how to use the multitude of protocols to talk to the various types of hardware. Some easy...
2
2

What are the best courses to learn Embedded Engineering?
I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for example, I don't know how to use the multitude of protocols to talk to the various types of hardware. Some easy...

Looking For The Best Classroom Course(s) To Learn Software Embedded Engineering? [closed]
What are the best courses to learn Embedded Engineering? I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for example, I don't know how to use the multitude of protocols...
2
2