Hvem har prøvet at bygge disse robotter (med Linux ARMe)?

Hej NG

Er der nogen her som har prøvet at bygge disse robotter - eller noget som er billigere og bedre?:

Popular Science How 2.0 Artiklen bærer datoen July 2004?! Why buy a robot that follows a colored ball when you can spend hundreds of hours building your own? by Jonathan Coulton

"... At least that's the journey I imagined when I found a robotics vision system called the CMUcam on Carnegie Mellon's toy robots initiative site (
). There I saw clips of robots following brightly colored objects and knew I had to build one. The folks at CMU pointed me to
, where I bought the camera, a few servos and wheels, and a microcontroller called the BrainStem. ... Then I fed the BrainStem some simple C code and modified the servos to give them 360 degrees of motion. So far, so good: I had eyes, legs and a brain. ... The motor-control functions I wrote had given him the equivalent of an inner-ear infection and a debilitating limp ... I thought the battery had died until I noticed that he was staring wistfully at my wife's pink tote bag, twitching back and forth to get the best possible view. Eureka. ..."

-

Heavy duty robotter og priser:

This is a complete Linux machine based around the 400 Mhz XScale processor:

Orange Garcia with XScale Processor Option and 802.11b Wireless Card:

Citat: "...The Garcia robot is about as agnostic as could be with regard to your preference for computing platforms. Currently there are software downloads or MacOS X, Linux, WinCE, and Windows...."

Customize your Garcia:

Xscale er noget nær det samme som en ARM-mikroprocessor:

-

Linux Style: Linux Kernel 2.6: the Future of Embedded Computing, Part I

"... Linux 2.6 comes with the acceptance and merging of much of the uClinux project into the mainstream kernel. The uClinux project is the Linux for Microcontrollers project ... The 2.6 version of Linux supports several current microcontrollers that don't have memory management units. Linux 2.6 supports Motorola m68k processors, such as Dragonball and ColdFire, as well as Hitachi H8/300 and NEC v850. Also supported is the ETRAX family of networking microcontrollers by Axis. ..."

The Linux/Microcontroller project is a port of Linux to systems without a Memory Management Unit (MMU)

Linux 2.6: A Breakthrough for Embedded Systems:

uClinux 2.6.5-uc0 (2.6.x)

MMU-less ARM patch against linux-2.6.5 kernel

Linux 2.6.4 Released - With working ARM support

C++ support for uClinux

mvh/Glenn

-
Reply to
Glenn Møller-Holst

Hej Glenn

findes også lidt legetøj, men det meste er vist ligeså dyrt som på acroname.

Hvis du vil i gang med at bygge en robot, kan du eventuelt hente lidt inspiration

Der er eksempler på robotter i alle prisklasser (dog endnu ingen, der kan følge en bold). Hvis du køber CMUcamet, kan du jo stille op næste forår og blive den første, som klarer banen kun vha. kamera. Dervil i øvrigt blive en workshop i slutningen af oktober, hvor man kan prøve forskellige forhindringer

Er der i øvrigt nogen, som har kendskab til en billig måde at kommunikere trådløst over RS232-porten?

Mvh. Torsten Lund

Glenn Møller-Holst schrieb: > Hej NG >

Reply to
Torsten Lund

Tag et kig forbi hth i sverige

Han plejer at have priser for normale menesker.

/Peter Andersen /Skanderborg

Reply to
Peter Andersen

Tak for tippet. Det er en skam, at han ikke skriver priser på sin side, men jeg jo prøve at sende ham en mail.

Reply to
Torsten Lund