Why won't my meter check this?

According to the service manual; there was something in particular about a green LED as a reference as the reason TCE used it.

Green LEDs are a favourite for the base stabiliser in single transistor current sources - but then lots of people use red LEDs as well.

Reply to
Ian Field

So you could be in the middle of a reading or recording a trend and
the thing would just turn off?

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

My old Taylor analogue grew an extra button when the 30V high-Ohms range battery became unobtainable.

That battery compartment is now occupied by a blocking oscillator/inverter that runs from the low-Ohms range D cell.

Reply to
Ian Field

Most of the handhelds do that nowadays.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Mine is *supposed* to remain active if there's a varying reading in progress - not the most reliable feature!

Reply to
Ian Field

absolutely.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

You see what he's missing here is, simply depressing the same button would reset the scaler back to 0 and all I had to do was hold it down to turn off the meter.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Most do reset their timers if it's obvious the unit is being used..

My Fluke 289 hand meter allows you to customize the why that works. Time set or just stay on..

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.