Regulator/power supply on/off controll

I need to control supply voltage to the pic being programmed while keeping power to the buffer and control signal on.

So in the spirit of the emitter follower I drive the bases of 2 transistors with my 5.7V, one driving the PIC, the other the 4050.But in order to sink the base of one of the NPNs with yet another NPN I need a resistor, hmmm. How do I pick one and how will that affect the regulation, assuming 50 mA max.

I suppose I could use separate regulators but I only have standard 1A so it's an overkill and I am not sure if switching it after the regulator doesn't give faster rise ( not to mention the sea of transistors I've collected which I should start using up).

Cheers,

Reply to
Sambo

Post a schematic of your circuit. Ed