Re: International standards (2023 Update)

Hi,

For instance, the plugs in the US or Australia could not even make it to > market in Europe, they are not safe enough. I mean, it's way too easy to > touch the metal part if the plug is not fully inserted.

I notice that most 3-pin sockets in the U.S. have the ground pin at the bottom which is opposite to the U.K. norm. From a safety angle I would have thought this to be a 'no-no'. Turning it round would put the ground pin where 'little fingers' and dropped objects would be most likely to make contact instead of the live pin as now. Am I missing something then, apart from numerous brain cells? Cheers - Joe

Reply to
Joe McElvenney

Google is your friend.
Reply to
John Fields

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup - sci.electronics.basics - 19963 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Ewan Parsons

Dave Platt wrote: =============

** You been sleeping ? That was obvious two days ago.
** The trade name is " Polyfuse ".

They show very low cold resistances and will snap to a high value when hot. Used for loudspeaker, battery pak and transformer protection. Slow acting but self resetting, many times.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Well, kinda. Just make a repetitive sound and check the power drain in the PC to see if it induces a repetitive current draw. In other words, measure correlation over a long term. Other than a microphonic component, it's not likely this test will find a correlation there.

That assumes that there's no store-and-forward internal element, and that PC operational 'noise' isn't dominant (over the long term, like hours, noise will average to zero).

Reply to
whit3rd

This suggestion has unlikely assumptions that voltage input remains constant which affects power consumption more than the repetitive sounds, also browser background activities are not random and active tab dependent which is user dependent, seasonal and many other non-random cycles that will send anyone chasing skinny rats like finding ET on SETI.

Reply to
chuck