Question About AC vs DC Rocker Switch

I need some advice from an expert in the forum. Can I use a 120VAC rocker switch with 12VDC current? The switch will be carrying less than

6A (75W). It switch's rating is 10A 125VAC/6A 250VAC.

Thanks

Reply to
PoiYui

You can probably use it (unless your load is inductive), but it won't last very long. DC rated switches will pull the contacts farther apart (because of arcing considerations), and also pull away faster than switches that are only AC rated.

Get one that's rated for DC service.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
CFoley1064