Lubricant for a wierd problem

I have a pcb with 10 electrical gold plated contacts in a single line with 5 mil isolation between them.

At any time, a small gold plated copper part "C" makes a very *light* contact with only one of the contacts.

A *weak* force is responsible to move C over the range of contacts.

Is there some lubricant I can apply on the contacts to reduce the friction between C and the contacts?

Please don't advise to change this setup as nothing can be changed, for certain reasons.

Mike

Reply to
siliconmike

There is a product called "Gold Guard", whose active ingredient is polyphenylether, which is just for this job.

The Phantom

Chris, graphite is conductive.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

This can be done with math... but quantities such as *weak* and *light* won't get you (or anyone else) there...

Al...

Reply to
Alan Adrian

Graphite? cb

Reply to
Chris Berry

You are wrong. Probably if you had a clue you would have replied / guessed a solution like 7 other replies to my message which have been of great help.

Reply to
siliconmike

POLYPHENYLETHER example SANTOVAC 5 Found in some "Contact Kleaners" as "with PPE" Extremely Low Vapour Pressure, very stable, inert, great lubricant, expensive, "same price range as Gold !" Also available as a "High performance Ulta high Vacuum Grease "Fomblin"

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio YANO

Contact Cleaner Lubricant

CWatters

Stabilant 22 should do the trick

While not marketed as either a contact cleaner or lubricant, it does do both. Expensive but good.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

That's one reason why I suggested it. Not knowing anything about the application itself, it might be a solution. cb

--
Some people have something to say... others have to say something!

for

I have (or had, I should say) a flashlight that I converted over to white LEDs. Well, to my surprise, when I shut off the swtch, the LEDs continued to glow dimly. I came to the conclusion that the grease they used on the slide switch contacts was somewhat conductive. This wasn't noticeable on a ragular filament lamp, but the LEDs showed it easily. So if you do use a lubricant, make sure it is a good insulator.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th