I have an idea

I have one switch mode power supply unit, input is 240 volts & output is 24 volts with 300 watts,i have an idea to use this vice vesa to input 24 volt & get 240 volts output for my small TV for outdoor activities. Can any members give some advice on this.thank you. Best Regards

Reply to
mowhoong

Sorry, those devices don't work like that; just like you can't hook a microphone to the speaker output of a radio receiver and turn it into a transmitter. It won't work.

The power can go only one way through them.

If you hook 24v to the output, the best you can hope for is not to destroy the supply.

Worst case is you burn the supply *and* your house...

Reply to
Randy Day

Thanks all for help in this topic, now i don't have to try & burn my pocket .

Reply to
mowhoong

Sorry, It won't work that way. Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Hi Jasen.It is hard to find a TV set operate by DC 12 volts for 14".(I have one old 14" black & white picture from Philips). Since my idea won't work, i will buy a invertor for the TV.Thanks !

Reply to
mowhoong

That would be very difficult. you'd need to replace most of the SMPSU.

if your small TV is so small it will operate off 12VDC (many small ones

- 14" an below will) you'd do better to go that way.

bye.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Does that mean that when I shout insults at Rush Limbaugh into my radio loudspeaker, he can't hear me?

:-)

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Not unless he's in the next room, and he's not eating.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida