how to make an active fuse

Those are very useful in DC circuits that might overload. When we did a DARPA Grand Challenge vehicle, we had about a dozen of those in key places. That protected against intermittent faults (off-road autonomous vehicle, remember) but if the fault cleared, the system would come back up.

Above a few amps of DC, consider magnetic circuit breakers if you need fast tripping.

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle

Their just as useful in AC circuits as well ! Like any other fuse they are not polarity conscious.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.