Earthing in TV

Gotta spread them around further.

Oddly enough when I used Samsung's site search engine I didn't find that model, but when I used Google it popped up. Hmmm, maybe they are a bit ashamed.....

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

That's very common in Audio/Video equipment to prevent ground loops when devices are connected (which result in huming at mains frequency)

Not unheared of either. I had a satelite receiver that carried 80 V on its case compared to ground. It actually gave a tingling sensation when touched. No problems at all, if your house has a residual current device (RCD). If the current becomes so high as to be dangerous, the RCD flips and that's that.

Yes, the voltage should have so high an internal resistance that little current will flow. If you are worried, use an audio transformer.

You would get a ground loop with any grounded equipment connected to it.

Reply to
Dr Engelbert Buxbaum

Yep, I found it straight away when I Googled but for some reason Samsung's home page didn't bring it up. I wonder if they don't necessarily search all their global sites, although I don't recall seeing that option. Not sure why I said the bit about ashamed now, something was trolling through my tiny mind. No offence meant to you, it was being directed towards Samsung's site.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor