Digital Monostable

Hi,

1) Is there any equivalent to monostable in fully digital electronics (logic gates)? I am trying to trigger a pulse (a set width) with a very narrow recovery time (in the range of 100ns or less) before the next. 74LS221 seems to work although getting weird pulses (very short retrigger pulses) occasionally.

2) And also whats the difference between the normal monostable and the precision ones? As the name suggested they'd be more precise triggering?

3) Would 74HCT version will be more suitable although I read somewhere they are slower than the ls version.

Thanks, John

Reply to
cooldude

I don\'t understand what you\'re getting at here.  What\'s the width
and repetition rate of your input pulse, the width of your output
pulse, and do you want the one-shot to be retriggerable or not?
Reply to
John Fields