Best Rated threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

electrical projects for diploma students and engg
i need some electrical projects . please send me any one.
6
6

Connector naming convention
What is a general term for a connector - any connector in common use, male or female - that's fitted at the end of a cable, to distinguish it from one that's mounted on a box or a pcb?
8
8

Looking for Good FM Radio Reciever Kit
Hi all I am interested in building a FM Radio but cannot find a kit to construct. I am looking for a kit that has good selectivity on the FM band. Preferably one without any ICs but I can do with it...
3
3

Dot matrix display 7x5 LTP2157AE pin-out
I have been given a number of 7x5 dot matrix display segments. There are 7 pins at the top and 7 at the bottom. The ID on the segment is: LTP2157AE 927 TAIWAN P Can someone be kind enough to explain...
7
7

Difference between latch and buffer
Can any of you guys please comment on the following definitions which I think are right. Latch is something once enabled holds the value for infinite time as long has it has Vcc and ground...
3
3

ferrite beads?
Can someone tell me what a 'ferrite bead vk200, vk600' is? how much do they cost? are they an easy-to-find component?
4
4

2n4416 jfet equivalent?
Anyone recommend an equivalent to the 2n4416 jfet? Trying to build this FM radio. Thanks, Michael http://www.somerset.net/arm/fm_only_one_transistor_radio.html
3
3

What's the point of a gain of 1 amp?
I ordered the headphone amp from Oatley Electronics and it arrived yesterday. Reading the instructions and the explanation of how it works has me a little confused. Refer to this link: The explanation...
7
7

Human body capacitance
I was playing around with a piece of wire stuck into my 'scope input. Looking at all the electrostatic interference around my lab bench. With the fluorescent lights turned off. I could grab onto the...
13
13

i need some electrical projects
i need some electrical projects
1
1

how to test a quadrac out of circuit?
I have a 6015LT-ND quadrac that I would like to test out of circuit. Is this possible and how would I do it with a simple DVM? Thanks, Bill
3
3

voltage regulator accuracy
hi all, i'm teaching myself via books and online material just for the fun of electronics... i have built from spare parts a simple +5v power supply using an NTE 5v regulator... however, when i...
26
26

TO 220F vs TO 220
Hi all, which is the difference between these two package ? When I need to use the TO220F ? Why ? thanks mauri
6
6

12v to 6v converter/regulator
I have looked all over for a chip or a schematic that allows me to convert 12v to 6v and I can't find anything. I can find 12v to 5v with no problem at all but I need 6v. Would a simple voltage...
7
7

Current meter circuit
Does anyone have a simple circuit for a digital ammeter? I have a car project that I want to monitor how much current the circuit is using. I thought it would be nice if I could have an LED readout of...
2
2