Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Absolute Cheapest Load To Test A Rebuilt Battery
Need to draw 18 Amps from a 36 v battery. For 5 minutes. 2 lugs in a brine solution? Drive rebar into the ground?
5
5

Hear sounds from TV to my radio
I want to hear sound from my Tv using my standalone radio. All the TV output HDMIs are being used. My inputs on my radio for TV/Dbs are coaxial. What parts do I need? Thanks.
1
1

OT - Standby electrics - worth consideration?
I just worked out that in my (UK) house (with my children long gone!). The electric standby items are going to cost £452 UKP per year at October 2022 going forward cap levels, and of course more...
14
14

Detect the turbidity
Hello good day! I need a simple circuit to detect the turbidity of the reuse water from the washing machine, that is, discard the 1st water and reuse the others, a very simple circuit for a low-income...
2
2

Replacement for Li-Ion battery
I want to replace this 3.7 Volt Lithium Ion battery. The dimensions are 1 14/16 x 8/16 inch. Can some help me find a replacement? Thanks, Andy
2
2

(accidentally) shorted a mosfet's drain and source
For a project I noticed my Arduino PWM pump controller (basically just an Arduino, MOSFET, and protection diode) was behaving oddly, so I powered the pump directly from the 12V power supply, turning...
5
5

Controlling alot of LEDs from Arduino or AVR. Maybe 74HC595
I am trying to create a project much like like a Marquee sign, I want to be able to control hundreds of LEDs from a set of chips. From my research I found the 74HC595 chip and using a bunch of these...
4
4

Why A DC to DC Converter Will Not Increase Range of the $3 Voltmeter Either
Guessing that there was no clever end run around the 30v maximum I tried a DC to DC converter set to 15v then measured the voltage between the +38v and the +15v. Instead of 23 v it jumped around all...
2
2

Why the $3 Voltmeter Cannot Work With Inline Resistance
The lowest voltage it can measure is what powers the LED display so something must be acting like a DC to DC converter set at the display voltage. Additional resistance in series lowers the current...

Cheap Voltmeter Doesnt Fry Over Voltage
It simply loses linearity. At least up to 38 v where it reads 36 v. Who cares?

Jus Run the Voltage Backwars Thru a 8 v Battery
The Fieri light runs on 4 rechargeable cells 2p X 2s. Just wire it so that the voltmeter always gets 8 volts less than the ebike battery.
1
1

220k Resistor Does Not Werk On 100 K Voltmeter
Hit just flashes. Furst guess is not enuff nano amps gits thru that yuge resistor. I ben very luky in that California no longer picks up toxik elektrikal stuff. But all I got is 2 resistors wif leads,...
2
2

Converting a $3 / 30v Voltmeter to A 45 v Voltmeter.
The impedance is 100k Ω. Put a 50 kΩ resister in series with the voltmeter and map out the correction.
6
6

Free Energy or Energy Storage
Hi Dears, I watched this video and I'm very curious if this is a really storage or fake. I know that free Energy don't exist but this energy storage is real? Video Youtube

by 90° in Capacitor ?
Many books told us that current leads voltage by 90° in capacitor. I have designed an experiment to show that it is true. Many books told us that current leads voltage by 90° in capacitor. I have...