Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Microchip PICkit 2 Starter Kit?
I'm thinking of buying a PICkit 2 Starter Kit. Is there anything else I need to start using it for basic tutorial stuff or is there anything else someone could recommend? I have some experience with...
4
4

22-watt compact florescent bulbs VS 100 watt incandescent bulbs?
I have a running debate with someone who claims those 22-watt compact florescent bulbs which are rated as equal to regular 100 watt incandescent bulbs. Just by looking in the room where a new 22-watt...
75
75

MOSFET gate circuit for PWM drive
Can anyone please explain (or suggest online reading that explain) what factors have to be taken into consideration when driving a power MOSFET with a PWM signal for power control such as motor speed...
4
4

Replace 12V DC lighting with LED
We have a older boat with 12V DC lighting. I would like to rewire the existing fixtures with current LED components. Can anyone advise me on the specifics of this project? I know I can get components...
4
4

Electromagnet Design
Electromagnet Design Question. I have a power source of either an actual car battery of around 600 Cold Cranking Amps OR a power supply which is rated to be equal to that of a car battery [it's used...
6
6

Would T-junction help low current situation
I have a doorbell that uses 18V. I'd like to put a relay between so that I can record when doorbell rang (the relay is wired to a computer). Unfortunately the relay seem to introduce too much...
7
7

How to sense motor current to actuate brake?
Greetings All, I'm using a servo motor to drive a slide and I would like to sense the current it draws in order to actuate an electromagnetic brake. So the more current the motor is drawing the more...
16
16

convert 12V down to 9V DC
My kids' electric scooter has a 6V motor and battery. The 6V battery doesn't give enough juice, but a 12V battery I installed gives too much juice (wheels skidding when the pedal is pressed, etc). The...
11
11

LTI Lissajous explanation document
I teach an introductory course on basic electronics and instrumentation. I recently put together a document on using Lissajous figures to experimentally determine the phase shift of an LTI system. I...
3
3

rpm of a cordless drill motor?
What might be the typical rpm of a cordless drill motor? Or what is the typical gear ratio? Some single speed spin up to about 700 rpm at the chuck. Dual speed usually go up to about 400 and 1400 rpm...
4
4

SEPIC inductors size
Should SEPIC inductors be sized according to the average load current or the peak load current? For instance my load draws one amp pulses (3uS PW) but at ten percent duty so this is an average of...
3
3

Measurement of ghz signals
Hello, I've got a storage oscilloscope here with a bandwith of 6 GHz. Unfortunately only the default probes with 500 MHz bandwidth are included. Now I would like to measure signals in the range of 2.5...
2
2

Training & Jobs
=93Join us to make future=94 FOR OPT/F-1 STUDENTS FREE TRAINING FOOD ACCOMODATION H1B PROCESSING FOR L1/ L2/ H1/ H4/ EAD/ GC EXCELLENT OPPRTUNITIES TRAINING PLACEMENT Highly Competitive offers for New...
1
1

cascading two dc/dc regulator
I use two dc/dc regulator to generate 12V and 5V output from 40V input. 40V --- LM5576 --- 12V 40V --- LM5576 --- 5V Since LM5576 is too expensive, I wonder if I can use a cheaper dc/dc converter in...
4
4

Where to buy one 18 V cordless drill motor? (USA)
Any good online merchants that sell the equivalent of cordless drill motors from 14.4 to 36 volts? Any online stores that sell similarly powerful DC motors in quantities of one? Partly out of...
14
14