Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Inflated PMPO figures
How do some manufacturers of audio amps arrive at the ridiculously high PMPO ratings they give for their products? E.g., an amp with a true 20-watt output may be rated at more than 1000 watts PMPO....
22
22

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2008 to Martti Ahtisaari
The Nobel Peace Prize for 2008 to Martti Ahtisaari The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2008 to Martti Ahtisaari for his important efforts, on several...

mosfets in critical condition
Let me guess... it's NOT normal for a mosfet to register < 40 ohms between D and S with no gate voltage applied... correct? Michael
7
7

How to use a differential amplifier ?
After some reading, I understand that a differential amplifier amplifies the voltage difference between the two inputs. Further reading hints that differential amplifiers are good for rejecting noise...
3
3

New Concept of 'Ideal' DC Stabilizer
Hi, Im just surfing and find you. Well, once i made a DC stabilizer myself, but so far, i've not found any DC regulators which have better performance than mine and i get interested in hosting the...
2
2

Electronic Fluorescent Ballast
I have a 240 volt fluorescent light fixture running an 18 watt UV blacklight, and I was wondering whether I could replace the old magnetic ballast with a 15 watt electronic ballast I salvaged from a...
1
1

Latching or Sample and Hold Questions
Hello friends, I'm working on a project in which I want to use a variable frequency drive to automatically adjust the carriage speed of a panel saw. There is a chip load rating for the blade that I am...
2
2

Why is Vbc = Vbe - Vce ?
I have seen in various places the equation Vbc = Vbe - Vce for NPN and PNP transistors. It may seem obvious to others but I just don't see how this is true. Could someone please throw me a bone?...
8
8

Importance to be in Full Scale for ADC
Why is it important to be full scale when performing the analog-to- digital conversion?
4
4

newbie question: DC oscillator
DC power ---> X --> Pulsed DC power Any newbie tips/info/help on how to build/buy circuit/unit "X" would be much appreciated. I'd like to use an unit (100Hz to 20MHz) and couple this with a variable...
3
3

spam me please Tue Oct 07 18:59:01 EDT 2008
spam me please Tue Oct 07 18:59:01 EDT 2008
1
1

Magnetic path length of regular old bar core inductor?
I've scoured the interwebz for information on inductor design. I want to construct an inductor by basically wrapping wire around a round bar of iron. My problem? What value do I use for magnet path...
6
6

fun with a broken CFL
I read this on the web: and thought, why not, I've got a dremel and a dead 25W CFL, let's look for neat electronics inside. I also saw something about running the CFL mercury bulb at reduced wattage,...
2
2

Antennea
Hello, I am all but finished completing a copy of the radio shown at the link below. The antennae required is described in the Description paragraph. I would like to take and show it to a friend of...
2
2

Using a TOSLINK cable to extend remote
Can I use a 6 foot TOSLINK cable to make a simple IR remote extension? I'm not looking for an application like something that would work for components hidden in a cabinet. I'm looking to control a...
3
3