Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

need help selecting a transmitter and reciever
ok, basically I want to turn on and off an analog switch wirelessly. The range I need is very short... maybe around 20ft. And I need a transmitter as small as possible, and hopefully can run on a...
14
14

Why use amplifier with adc?
I don't know very well how adc works, so i have a question. Most adc have a Vref pin that defines Vin range of adc. Vin range of adc is then divider for 2^n (n=resolution) to obtain LSB. If i resize...
5
5

Electrifying the Interstates
Overhead wires would be pretty ugly so they'll have to install rails / wires in the pavement. The problem of metering usage is left to the student. Bret Cahill
5
5

Question - 9v Battery Heating in simplest circuit
I'm a noob doing some projects with the arduino development environment and learning as I go. I have a problem with a very simple test circuit I made on a breadboard consisting of a 9v battery, some...
20
20

recommended reading for audio amplifier design?
I was about to buy Randy Slone's book, but these stopped me in my tracks: So, what books are recommended for beginners? In particular I'm curious about mosfet amp design, but I'll also look into...

Cleaning a BNR Connector
I have a female BNR connector that I think needs oxidation removed from inside. It's a bit too tight for emery paper. Any suggestions? -- W. eWatson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)...
10
10

the theoretical formula for calculating the Equicalent Resistance of the Complex Resistance Network
hi, everyone! I have found the theoretical formula for calculating the Equicalent Resistance of the Complex Resistance Network. If you are interested, please visit this page( which is a Chinese...

attenuation pad
Hi there I have a recording studio and i am using a stage box to take multiple microphones into one multicore to pl;ug in to my mixer in a different room. Because i am using a relatively cheap mixer,...
2
2

LM317 schematics
In the LM317 documentation ( there are schematics that show for example R1 of 240. Is that 240 ohms or 240K ohms? Thanks! Joe

Electronics Distance Learning
Hi all, I've just completed some basic Scottish Vocational qualifications in electronics and I want to continue with a decent distance learning course towards HNC. Can anyone recommend a UKcollege...

Converting 7v DC to 7v AC at 50-60Hz
Hello, I have hacked a clockradio and i need to supply it with power from a 12v battery. How do i invert DC to AC?
16
16

Question on phone cord connectors
If the connector for the phone line coming from the wall is an RJ-11, what connector is used for the coiled cord connecting the handset to the telephone? It seems a little smaller. Any help is...
12
12

how to separate ground potential
Hi, I have to design a printed circuit board for a high-voltage environment. Hence, the "ground potential" of the board has to be on 4 kV. Du to the fact that the absolute potential values don't...
22
22

A useful website for LED array design
Hey folks!! I just created a website for those of you interested in creating LED arrays. It will calculate the resistors values and design the circuit for you. Check it out here Your feedback is...
15
15

audio amplifier output transistors
I noticed that TR7 is PNP and TR9 is NPN here: Then over here, TR7 is NPN and TR9 is PNP: Are these correct, or in error? Also - for building audio amps "on the cheap", would TIP41C/TIP42C do for...
8
8