Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

decoupling caps placement
Hey all; I've got a circuit that uses 3 4049 inverters. On this IC, the V+ is on pin 8 and the ground is on pin 1. I know that the decoupling caps need to be as close to the IC as possible, but how...
17
17

robotix
Hi everyone I'm pleased to tell you that IIT Kharagpur will be hosting Robotix 09 this year on jan 29th. Robotix is one of the largest platforms for college students to participate in robotics related...

Concept of Charge Density profile
Hello, I learned this from my electronics course. To turn on or turn off a transistor, you have to cater for the charges drawn from/driven into the junction. Now, in one of my books, it illustrates...
2
2

really low power transistors
Anyone recommend any NPN transistors with around 0.1-0.3VBE sat. ? I did a mouser search but apparently Vbe sat. isn't a commonly specified parameter... ? Thanks, Michael
41
41

Binary clock power consumption
hi i build a bcd clock shown in the page all the circuit works fine and i am using 5v dc source voltage. and my question is how can i add a memory circuit to the clock to remeber the time the clock...
2
2

Trying to understand one thing about PNP transistors
I'm trying to wrap my head around a simple H-bridge circuit, such as shown here Simply two PNP's at the top, and two NPN's at the bottom - and you get direction control. The NPN is simple - you apply...
15
15

USB to I2C converter for labview
Hi, I'm looking for an USB to I2C adapter that I can use with Labview to read and write to I2C chips? Are there other developers than National Instruments who make such a converter (with labview...
3
3

multiplication using analogLib components
Hello all, I feel quite daft for having to ask this: I am working with Cadence's analog artist environment + Virtuoso schematic editor. I want to multiply 2 voltages (for testbench purposes). I can...
3
3

Can anyone recommend good instructional videos on basic/intermediate electronics?
I took three years of electronics in high school, but spent the last 25+ in software. I still remember the basics, and I can deal with simple digital stuff, but there are gaps, and I don't remember...
6
6

How to build a simple LC oscillator
Hello ! I'm new to analog electronics (although I've been using uCs for a while) and I'm trying to build a really simple RC oscillator, a Hartley or a Colpitts one. All the schematics I've found on...
10
10

Circuit 9V ->6V
I am working on a small circuit that blinks a LED that I will create multiple items of to place around my kids's apartment windows to hopefully deter bad guy, flashing led could mean alarm, etc. Found...
9
9

Multi-function joystick buttons without relays
I've successfully interfaced an xbox controller with my pc via USB and autohotkey scripting. What I'm stuck on now is figuring out the wiring for creating alternate functionality in each button. Say I...
5
5

What Idiot Would Photograph Computer Cards & Put Them On His Web Page?
Was that supposed to be a scam or what? Bret Cahill
3
3

Simple DC-DC voltage reduction
Hello again. I'm the bloke who was on a few months ago worry about his frequency-voltage converter. Which now works magnificently, and we have one wind tunnel up and running. So - on to Mk II. I...
5
5

100 Million Tons of Li
Can Li be cheaply extracted from sea water? Bret Cahill
27
27