Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A Typical Fraud Trying To Fake A Tech Background
That's the most typical example of a fraud trying to fake a tech background. Now you've convinced everyone. You're a fraud trying to fake a background in thermo. Bret Cahill
6
6

The Problem With Making Idle Threats of Defamation Suits
If a disreputable fraud doesn't like a messenger exposing him as a disreputable fraud, which, of course is exactly what a fraud hates most, then the fraud will often make idle threats of a defamation...
2
2

Testing a voltage regulator in-circuit
I really appreciate everyone's help in understanding some of the problems I encounter. I am working on one of those emergency lights that are in most businesses. The ones with the battery that come on...
22
22

I NEED TO BE IN YOUR GROUP
I REAL NEED TO BE IN PS WITRE BACK
2
2

Thunderbird Setup Test
Just because I have to use Windows right now doesn't mean I have to forget my manners. I figured I would return to using a proper newsreader instead of using Google Groups. We can thank the nagging...
8
8

Dressing Up Tech With Math
You think math is to "dress up" tech? Did you get swindled by someone telling you that nonsense? What was his name? You can recover your "tuition" money. It's an easy small claims case. Bret Cahill
4
4

Thinking process involved when designing analog electronic circuits
I have been looking for a book that would explain the basic principles involved in designing electronic circuits (i.e. what a person should know, how the person should think and so on). There are many...
46
46

75% Efficiency From Induction Electrification of Roadbeds
Since battery costs are 2X grid costs, even 33% efficiency would be competitive with charging stations. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Wireless electric energy transfer for experimentally powering electric...
34
34

Ink Level Detection In Jet Printers
What is the method of determining the ink level? Bret Cahill
12
12

program to burn hex files to picstart plus
Since I gave up on the homebuilt programmers I have been happy with MPLab and pickstart plus (USB OLIMEX job), but now I have a hex file that I would like to burn ... Is there anything like...
2
2

brushed pwm controller motor "surging"
i set up a basic lm324 15kz uni-directional pwm motor controller. this goes to a tc4422 mosfet driver and then to 2 irfp4668 mosfets that are in parallel. there is one 10 Ohm gate resistor that both...
8
8

12VDC motor problems
I have a 12VDC wiper motor that is being used in one of those animal cranes as a drive for a platter. It stopped working and I have taken it apart and am stuck. What it does is that it works for about...
9
9

The Problem With Faking A Tech Background
< > > When you are off these interstates you run your hybrid electric or EV < > > on gas or batteries respectively and when you are on these interstates < > > you run off the grid. < > > Conventional...
31
31

Selenium Wire or Foil for Photoconductivity Demonstration
or I guess "bars" od selenium would be ok. I want to reconstruct Willoughby's discovery of photoconductivity for a science demo. Any body in this group know where to purchase small amounts of...
6
6

confusion on diode polarity
I'm trying to make a basic circuit with a diode. Had it not been marked "cathode/anode" I would have not been confused - I would've just had the electrons follow the arrow. But the arrow points away...
24
24