Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

conductive rubber switch question
Hey all; I'm designing a switching system using a uC and am thinking about using some of those little conductive rubber switches to short an input to ground to the uC. I had planned to use the pullups...
4
4

PCB layout of BCD clock
hi i build a bcd clock shown in the page all the circuit works fine and now i want to build a PCB using SMD components so 1.What size of SMD component should i use?(like resistor size,capacitor size,...
5
5

Mercury
Are mercury thermometers more accurate than blue wax or red alcohol thermometers?
12
12

how to generate a single pulse from a switch closure
if I close a switch (non momentary) how can I trigger a 555 by generating a single pulse? example: relay contacts close, debounce the closure, generate a pulse triggering a 555.
10
10

Steady DC power for LEDs
Hello! I have installed various configurations of LEDs in our sailboat as indicators and light sources (single LEDs, multiple LEDs, clusters). Each is fed from the boat's DC circuit, but they don't...
11
11

Chasing LEDs question
Greetings All, I would like visual indication of the position of a remote motor shaft. The way I've already done it is to use the shaft encoder signals with an IC that outputs step and direction...
1
1

A more fundamental explanation of reflections on transmission lines
Hi. I know that reflections occur on a transmission line where there is an impedance discontinuity and I can show by reduction ad absurdum that an reflection must occur since we cannot have both V_1 =...
2
2

a question about resistors in an arc experiment
Hi all I was browsing through the book "Analog Circuit Design: Art, Science and Personalities" and checked on Chapter 8, titled "True Analog Circuit Design". On page 59 in this chapter, Tom Hornak...
381
381

Operating a relay
Is there any way to operate a small 12 volt relay with the ringing voltage on a phone line. I have tried to use a bridge rectifier with a capacitor but the relay chaters. Any ideas Rick
10
10

basic question about reading datasheets current values
Hello, I want to design a small circuit, and want to power it with voltage regulator which is connected to a 9V battery. I was looking at a voltage regulator that can output 100mA of current... so I...
5
5

Are A/V receivers good source for transformers for PSU?
I've been looking for a suitable transformer for building a 300W PSU 0-30V @ 0-10A. My 2.5A one just isn't cutting it anymore. I already have everything I need with the exception of the transformer. I...
2
2

Why we call it "floating gate"
Hey... In the NVM, why we call the stuff which located under the gate the floating gate? Please tell me the why of calling floating gate.
1
1

3 speed desk fan repair
Hello: I bypassed the broken switch and wire-nutted the white power wire with the red wire. There are 4 wires total in the switch: white, red, blue, and green. My first question regards when I...
2
2

will 9vDC harm a guitar pickup?
Hey all; Will 9vDC damage a guitar pickup? I have a piezo pickup in my electric guitar, as well as 2 magnetics. The piezo provides acoustic sound and connects to my pedalboard on the ring of a TRS...
5
5

Surveilance camera
where can I get tiny camera, which I can hide inside electric bulb fixture. The plan is to hide the camera and ascociated electronics within those thing which hold the light bulb. I've seen a pen...
3
3