Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help: I Need A Timer
I've been searching around and can't seem to find a simple plug-in LED timer with a large red number display (like an alarm clock). It would have to be a "count-up" timer with six digits that show the...
3
3

Increase voltage using capactior etc
Hello. I have a project where I'm making a digital picture frame/media center out of an old laptop. I took the systemboard/lcd out of the case and mounted in a shadow box. Everything went well. I made...
4
4

Highside FET extending on time indefinitely
This is from AN978 pg18 using IR's bootstrapped HS drivers. You can see from the picture they have the timer tied to ground through a 100k resistor why not just use the HS driver's 12Vdc return? Is...
3
3

Voltage regulators fail high
I've been using 5V regulators - L7805ACV and others. I've had some failures, no doubt due to careless wiring on my breadboard. The problem is that, when they fail, they fail high. Ie, instead of...
27
27

Battery power supply
Hello, I'm more of a software-guy but I have a microcontroller project underway that is intended to run off battery power. The MCU draws about 30mA at 3V and I had intended to run this off a CR2450...
2
2

Stepper motor testing
Is there a way I can test a stepper motor on my bench without the driver? Does anyone make a stepper motor test device? Thanks Russ
14
14

OT: What font settings?
Outlook Express: TOOLS>OPTIONS>READ>FONTS Are folks here here set to Courier New in "Proportinal Font:" AND "Fixed-Width Font"? If I set fonts this way, am I okay with newsgroup postings in general?
10
10

Need a good book on how to use an Oscilloscope
I know the basics of using a scope but my scope HP1710a (working now), has more inputs outputs and knobs than I know what to do with. Anything out in the public domain in pdf would be preferable but...
10
10

Looking for a cable connector
I need to replace a cable connector on the control panel of a HP psc 750xi printer. The control panel pops off the rest of the printer fairly easily, and is connected to the rest of the printer by a...
2
2

Help configuring battery
I use a CPAP machine to keep my airway open while I sleep. I want to configure a light and energy dense battery setup so I can go camping with my CPAP. Figure on three days worth of power. Trying to...
2
2

i need some electrical projects
i need some electrical projects
1
1

0V in a schematic
I can see that when you see a voltage statement on a schematic, that is a statement of the voltage at that point with reference to some other point in the schematic. It's not saying necessarily that...
26
26

Astable Multivibrator - why does it break down?
Hello, I have questions about this version of an Astable Multivibrator: +v |______________ | | R1 1M e | ________b Q2 PNP | | c | | | | | | | c | |___b Q1 NPN | | e | | | | | GND | | | C1 10uF | | |...
2
2

Effect of the supply internal resistance
I'm looking at voltage dividers. Trying to learn what I probably knew one time. Say you have a battery supplying 10v, and it has in internal resistance of 1 Ohm. You connect it to a voltage divider...
26
26

UK source for this magnetic switch?
Can anyone point me towards a UK source (phone or online) for an inexpensive cylindrical, enclosed reed switch, N/C, for use in a burglar alarm circuit please. I'm still googling but so far without...
35
35