Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

need some help designing a Sinewave inverter
I would like to build a pure sinewave inverter and need some help in designing & component selection. What ? A 100-200 Watts, 230 V pure sinewave inverter Input: preferably one 12V SMF battery. two if...
14
14

Surge Protector - how they work?
Hi, it is the thunder season here in Finland so I got interested how these surge protectors are built - which say they will save you hardware from spikes - yeah.... Are there avalanche diodes and...
9
9

The ideas of BASiCS?
Electronics & TheorY - Go, hand in hand.
1
1

Toner transfer Paper-update
A while ago their was a thread about paper used for PCB toner transfer method using a laser toner. The main grudge with using the recommended staples picture paper that Goatee recommends was...
9
9

Tips on DMM for a newbie?
Can you spare any tips on DMMs for newbies? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel
24
24

Newbie: tips on how to start?
I'm looking into picking up electronics as a hobby. What advice can you spare? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel
80
80

The ideas of time?
The ideas of what we are - is of little interest if the ideas of what we see - are of little or no internals if the ideas of what a simply complicated structures of approval is in the ideas of what a...
3
3

SLA battery orientation?
Does SLA battery orientation matter only when charging? Thanks.
1
1

Phone Jack
Hello, I'm an amateur when it comes to repairing things. I have static on my phone line and called the phone company. They came out and everything is ok at the NID outside. I have located the jack...
8
8

Types of diode-connected BJTs
What are the relative merits of diode-connecting a BJT by shorting base and collector (using B-E junction) versus shorting base and emitter (C-B junction)? Na=EFvely, I have assumed that one always...
19
19

Automatic countdown reset timer?
Problem: Sense a person in a room. Trigger a countdown timer that is preset to a fixed time when a person is sensed. (A motion detector or a beam breaker is acceptable) The timer will control a 110...
8
8

Ultra low frequency VCO
Could some electronics guru please help ? Is there any commonly available reference design for an ultra low frequency voltage controlled oscillator ? I developed a 60 Hz center frequency SPICE model...
97
97

input impedance of THAT 1512 IC?
Hey all; I've been reviewing the THAT 1512 data sheet ( and am trying to figure out what the input impedance would be for the circuits they've Fig. 4 on p. 6 for instance, would the input impedance be...
1
1

Old Solder
A couple of days ago I did a small repair to an electronic timer. It just need a bit of solder to reconnect a wire. I had a devil of a time with that small repair, the solder just didn't want to flow...
23
23

Epson Perfection Scanner Problem
Hi Experts :-) I have an Epson 1640SU that worked very well until today. Now, when I press the start button, it click-clicks and the carriage does not move. I removed the screws and tried to take the...
11
11