Subject Author Posted Replies

Homebrew membrane keypad
Hello everyone! It looks like homebrew PCBs are a pretty well developed branch of the electronics hobby these days, even I have (more or less successfully) made them. How about membrane keyboards? I'm...
20
20

Interfacing 5V to unknown 10-30V signal
I'm trying to interface a bunch of industrial sensors (that I don't physically have) to a piece of 5V logic. I don't have specs on these sensors, but I am _told_ that they range between 10-30V supply...
34
34

UART In the new design
Hello, I am doing one new design with 186 processor and I want a serial port on the board. Please suggest any UART for that. I have used 8251 before in older design but was worried about availability...
8
8

2754P keypad firmware
Looking for the firmware for the keypad controller 8741/42 for a 2754P spectrum analyzer. This is compatible with 492A, and similar analyzers. If you can help me please let me know!!!!!!!!!! Also...

Capacitor's ESR and ESL calculations
Does anyone have any equations to calculate ESR and ESL for a capacitor that can be used for simulation?
15
15

OT: "Ugly" switcher
Hello All, Thought I'd share this one: I had to adjust the monitor on my logic analyzer a wee bit which meant opening the enclosure. I never noticed it before but there was the 5V switcher and it said...
7
7

project help needed:
Can any one suggest project topics (with links for resources) for undergraduate electronics &communication engineering? Simple easy to design projects are preferred...
2
2

6545 CRT Controller design
I trying to add a video display to a 6502 based computer I built and wish to use 6545 CRT controller chip. I would like to use Transparent Addressing (PH1/PH2 Interleave) mode. But have not found a...
18
18

LM324 push/pull ckt?
Can anyone recommend a schematic for a push/pull, or "dual drive", type amplifier (unity gain) based on 2 amps of an LM324 that will drive a 2K resistive load? Input is 5V audio. Supply is 6V....
18
18

Logic level conv.
Hi i'm working on a project that requires me to interface 2 ICs FT2322C & TMC428. the prob is that their logic levels are different For FT2322C (1st IC, its o/p fed to TMC428) Vol 0.3-0.5 Voh 3.2-4.9...
3
3

JTAG,JAMPLAYER - Does enyone use jamplayer on some procesors ?
Hi My main problem is: how I can use a specific pins in procesor to JTAG interface ?Where I can change it? I will be gratfull for any answers Marek
1
1

555 Frequency Precision
Hello, I am having some problem with the 555 type oscillator. I am testing various brands and qualities of 555s and each one produces a different frequency for the same configuration of resistors (Ra...
21
21

Why is noise cancellation difficult?
Last night, about 2:00 am, my neighbor's dog started barking, and basically kept it up, on and off, until dawn. The neighbors were out of town overnight, and apparently the dog suffers from...
4
4

Pi Network & S - parameters
Hi, I am new in the RF field and I have a question regarding Pi Networks and S parameters. I was recently reading an article about Pi networks and it uses in RF. I am confused about a couple of...
1
1

Basic question for somebody to help me with
Hey, I have never posted here before, But hopefully somebody can help me. I'm very amateur when it comes to electronics so any help is great. I am installing a soda pop can cooler in my car. To...
18
18