Will this power supply work?

Hey all,

I have a light show projecter that runs with a small bulb.

The device calls for 12VAC 1.8 Amps.

I have a power supply that supplies 12VAC 1.6 Amps.

Will this power the device? The supply has the wrong fitting on the end and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth altering it.

Thanks so much for your time, Larry

Reply to
larrylebron

No

Although it is the right VAC, it is 200mA under spec. The device may not actually need the full 1.8 Amps, but unless you can find out for sure I wouldn't use it.

Reply to
tempus fugit

Reply to
larrylebron

Yes, the power supply will work. How the bulb will respond to some under-current (under-voltage) possible conditions, is anybodys guess.

Have fun

Stanislaw

Reply to
Stanislaw Flatto

if you using transformer power supply as sources it may heat a bit, but no problem,

transformer :

to reach your source 12vac 1.8amps slightly increase you input voltage about 20volts, if you increase the volt on primary, secondary power will also increase to 13vac. On load it will drop to 12vac at the same time it will match you current to

1.8amps
Reply to
forestking_lion