void test on BGA pad

I'm working in Solder paste manufacturing industry and my customer has complained the void issue on BGA pad. I'm internally conducting the void test on BGA pad in my Lab. I used OSP furnish board with Sn/Pb and /or lead free component using Lead free solder paste.

And I have also tried many different profiles to see whether void can be improved by profile. However, we do not see much different using this test method under X ray observation.

I could not see any different in a void when I put component while perform test and I only see slight different in void when I conduct test without putting component.

However, I still could not differentiate the void level between good and bad paste using above test method.

I would like to know how usually solder paste manufacturer use to conduct the void test in their lab.

What kind of test board furnishes and/or component to use when perform void test under X-ray? What kind of component furnish and size do we need to choice?

Anybody has any idea how to perform the void test in Lab? Appreciate your advice??

Reply to
docker