Using FR4 with 240V AC Mains

IEC 60950 actually has some charts for track separation distances btw.

One of those cases where re-reading the standard is the best idea to be sure.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Graham,

Do you know anywhere I can purchase IEC 60950 on-line? I would like to read through it on the weekend if possible.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Warren

Google gives

It's quite pricey.

I assume it's IT gear then ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Ah. The same place I purchased various Australian standards has them. I didn't notice that before.

That is a bit of a grey area. :-) Since it contains a hard drive, DVDROM and SBC, I think so.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Warren

The standards can't keep up with modern product developments. You see that could be a DVD recorder in which case I guess it would be IEC 60065 ( I don't think there's a huge difference though ).

FCC regulations apply in the US for EMC issues btw. Not vastly different in concept to IEC but the frequencies and levels aren't the same.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear