Using consumer-grade power amp as Power opamp

e, LM3886 is one big op-amp that works down to DC. We have them in some me chanical servo systems that need a DC to 2500 Hz response and +/- 12V of dr ive. . I'm driving 3 ohm and 7 ohm coils with them, no problems. Must use a split rail, we use +/- 24 volt rails.

Interesting thanks. Are those air coils? How bad is the crossover distortion. I use LM675 for ~10 ohm/1 amp coils. I tried some power opamps (OPA544) and the crossover was worse. No (zobel) compensation network.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold