USB device can destroy most PCs

Maybe use a distributed structure, with the TVS split into several small parts and inductors in between, to form a transmission line like distributed amplifiers. Gas discharge tubes are also nice - they can conduct very high currents yet have small capacitance. They probably can't turn on below about 60 volts though.

Reply to
Chris Jones

That part's capacitance is 3000 pF at 5 volts. Don't even ask about 1 to 3 volts.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

yeah, and either way the port would be unusable.

Jasen Betts

I read that you could charge an I-phone in a microwave oven, that was a hoax.

Jasen Betts

I read that you enable an I-phone easter egg by setting the date to 1-1-1970.

Reply to
Rob

I read that Hillary was an honest politician.

Reply to
krw

I heard she had her own e-mail server. Apparently a crime in the US.

Reply to
Rob

Sending classified information over your own email server certainly is. Using your personal email server (or account, even) to avoid FOIA certainly is. Using your own email server to run a money laundering scheme is, too.

Three strikes (at least).

Reply to
krw

Here the politicians just use Gmail instead of the official services, because those are so hard to use (apparently well-secured and accessible only from registered hardware and with difficult authentication).

When it is discovered, they just say that they will continue to do it because it is more convenient. From then on, only some activates continue to point it out, but the political parties just accept it.

Reply to
Rob

That's *really* dumb. Nevertheless, it's illegal here. People have spent much of their lives in prison for less.

That's even dumber.

Reply to
krw

Politicians are usually very dumb. It would otherwise be impossible to enter and survive in that world.

Reply to
Rob

Ya got me there but do they really want to tell everyone what they're doing? Are they *that* dumb (as dumb as Hillary)?

Reply to
krw