Toshiba laptop aggravation

All

auto-click

=20

=46rom what i can tell it seems to have something to do with coarse-fine = motor=20 control of the hands. Mine is none too good and i have some issues with = the=20 tap feature. I know others that have coarse-fine control issues for = various=20 reasons and none of them find the tap feature valuable.

Reply to
JosephKK

Yes, when I need to cobble a drive into a machine "temporarily", I usually just place a pad (8x11) of paper on top of the machine and set the drive on that (cheap insulator).

But, all of my machines are large servers so dragging them out from under the table (to gain access to their internals) is no small feat :< Most have a dozen or more cables dangling out the back (SCSI, USB, serial, parallel, keyboard, mouse).

I recently rescued a small "mini desktop" with just a single

5" bay (for CD/DVD). I think I will pull the DVD and throw a 3+5 combo floppy in its place.

The drive is the problem. I have tools that will write the images once there is media attached.

Actually, it was *exactly* this that gives me hope that the controller might be smart enough! E.g., it can sense the drives speed (RPM) and, from that, possibly Do The Right Thing (IIRC, speed was controlled *in* the drive; the controller only controlled the stepping rate of the head).

In any case, I will learn something! ;-)

Reply to
D Yuniskis

snipped-for-privacy@>>>>> Richard Henry wrote:

All

auto-click

Mouse

it.

such

even

during=20

I will even take a wired mouse. I prefer wireless trackballs though.

Reply to
JosephKK