Tektronix H600 RF Hawk

There is also TI, NEC. Japan Radio Corporation has the NJW1508 for under a buck if you can adapt a TV type PLL chip. Since even DTV sets still need tuners they probably won't go away next year.

A lot are geared towards very specific markets, like SiLabs with their cell band PLLs. So you'd have to look at them on a case by case basis, see which one can be used in unorthodox fashion. If noise is the number one issue PLLs are done largely discrete, ECL chips, opamps and so on.

BTW, does that little switcher still dance the jitterbug?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks Joerg. I had forgotten about SI Labs -- I haven't used them personally, but at work they have and were pleased.

Um, err, yes, yes it does. But the DSP guy is happy with the sample clock jitter he's getting, so priority-wise spending time working on fixing it isn't happening right now (...we're supposed to ship a bunch of stuff come the end of the month!). I did go back and compare the old vs. new versions again and my initial reaction of "it hasn't improved much" was a little pessimistic -- there actually was more improvement than I first saw, but of course it still has noticeable jitter.

--Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

"Joel Koltner" wrote in news:AnU5k.226911$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-05.dc.easynews.com:

Sadly,no. Right now I'm unemployed.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Where are you? I've heard there's a lot of demand for techs in a couple of aircraft companies. Connecticut is one (Sikorsky). Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany