Strobe

Hi, I am trying to make a strobe light circuit that has 2 lights, and flashes one side twice then the other side twice... (LL RR LL RR) sort of like the strobes behind police car grilles. Can anyone help me with this, maybe even a schematic or some sort of starting point?

Thanks, Skyler

Reply to
skylerm

Supply voltage? Current to feed each led? How many LEDs. Series? Parallel? Can it glitch the LEDs?

You could make a simple state machine to flash the LEDS, but do cop cars really flash twice? Don't they simply alternate, i.e. L R L R?

Reply to
miso

Everybody say...PIC ucontroller! Or... Off the top of my head for the trigger pattern....

4017 and 2 OR gates to trigger the double blink strobe 1 then double blink strobe 2.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

I never say PIC!

Assuming glitches are not a problem, cascade two divide by two (i.e. D ff fed with QB). Clock CK divided by two produces signal A. Signal A divided by two produces since B and B bar.

---- --- ---- ---- ---- ----- CK-----| |---| |----| |-----| |------| |-----| |----

-------- ---------

---------- ---------- A ----| |-------| |---------| |---------|

---------------

------------------- B ----| |------------------| |------------

--- --- ---- ----- B*CK --| |-----| |-----------------------| |-----| |-----------

---- ---- BB*CK------------------| |-----| |----------------------

Reply to
miso

The OP never said LEDs.

But the OP needs to say if this needs to be battery operated or can use a power transformer.

The size and voltage requirements of the strobes would be nice.

How much on time and off time would be the least he could offer.

So, OP, what is it you are trying to do here.

donald

Reply to
Donald

Most cop cars use LED for the lights.